Re: Honda Metro / Crea Scoopy Un-Restriction &

Asdf Fdsa /
This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

thanks for the quick style reply back, I appreciate it. i totally agree with you that it is really peppy for a 50cc 4-stroke. if it were a 2 stroke an expansion chamber would totally help, but it is a 4-stroke. the stock exhaust on this bike is stupid big. as big as a pepsi 2-liter bottle with a straw size opening at the very end to let the yummy fumes out. i think all the low end torque on these bikes comes from the back pressure created by the exhaust. over in japan where these things are everywhere, u don't really cruise crazy top speeds all over town because there is simply too much traffic and too many lights. it was given a lot of torque because that is what is needed over there to get the hell outta the way when the light turns green, hehe... to clarify my itch for modding this thing, i am just a tuning freak. i can't leave anything stock. lmao. just the way i am. just for fun i am going to experiment with a different exhaust, but i am going to take into account the size of the motor and actual amount of gases flowed when strapping on a different pipe. i need the back pressure, but need a little more free flow for the desired top speed. the bike has a compression ratio of 12:1 so i think that is where the power is coming from in the first place. that is high for a little 4 stroke. 2 strokes are notorious for having high compression ratios. that is where their power comes from. honda did a good job creating this bike in the first place, so i am not going to tear apart the motor and change the mechanics. i am howerver going to see what i can do about the exhaust and taking off what "restrictions" honda did impose. knowing typical honda, it is restricted on the intake and fuel inlet side. there is no huge CPU that is holding back the power, but i do need to check on a speed governor type system that i may think is there... also, on a japanese note, there are a bunch of funky accessories for this bike in japan, i am working on getting a couple, as well as obtaining the little digital info-center addition that the bikes come stock with over there. to all that posted, especially INFECTEDBOOTSCOOTER AND FRED, thank u. u seem super knowledgeable and i am sure we will be swapping info down the road*** seek and destroy - ride safe

thanks for the advice and talk at ya later =D

This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.
Subject Written By Posted
  Honda Metro / Crea Scoopy Un-Restriction & TunTopic by: optionboy optionboy 08/08/02 08:07AM
  Re: Honda Metro / Crea Scoopy Un-Restriction &Re: Chris Rice Chris Rice 08/08/02 11:23AM
  Re: Honda Metro / Crea Scoopy Un-Restriction &Re: dave dave 08/08/02 12:20PM
  Re: Honda Metro / Crea Scoopy Un-Restriction &Re: InfectedBootSector InfectedBootSector 08/08/02 03:51PM
  No 'expansion chambers for 4 strokesRe: Fred Fred 08/08/02 04:11PM
  Re: No 'expansion chambers for 4 strokesRe: InfectedBootSector InfectedBootSector 08/08/02 04:24PM
  Re: Honda Metro / Crea Scoopy Un-Restriction &Re: Asdf Fdsa Asdf Fdsa 08/08/02 06:27PM
  Re: Honda Metro / Crea Scoopy Un-Restriction &Re: InfectedBootSector InfectedBootSector 08/08/02 06:36PM
  Re: Honda Metro / Crea Scoopy Un-Restriction &Re: h/b h/b 08/05/05 08:30PM
  Re: Honda Metro / Crea Scoopy Un-Restriction &Re: Fred Fred 08/08/02 09:37PM
  Re: Honda Metro / Crea Scoopy Un-Restriction &Re: david f martin david f martin 08/08/02 09:55PM
  Re: Honda Metro vs. KymcoRe: Wayne Wayne 08/08/02 10:23PM
  Re: Honda Metro / Crea Scoopy Un-Restriction &Re: Asdf Fdsa Asdf Fdsa 08/09/02 08:10PM
  Re: Honda Metro vs. KymcoRe: david f martin david f martin 08/08/02 10:33PM
  Mini's at the strip.Re: Fred Fred 08/08/02 10:41PM
  hawaiin scoots deluxeRe: Asdf Fdsa Asdf Fdsa 08/09/02 08:32PM
  Re: Mini's at the strip.Re: david f martin david f martin 08/08/02 10:58PM
  4 stroke vs. 2 strokeRe: faust faust 08/09/02 12:06AM
  Re: 4 stroke vs. 2 strokeRe: Fred Fred 08/09/02 12:27AM
  Re: 4 stroke vs. 2 strokeRe: faust faust 08/09/02 12:45AM
  Re: 4 stroke vs. 2 strokeRe: Asdf Fdsa Asdf Fdsa 08/09/02 08:48PM
  street drags????Re: dave dave 08/09/02 10:04PM
  Re: Honda Metro / Crea Scoopy Un-Restriction &Re: david f martin david f martin 08/09/02 08:19PM
  Re: Honda Metro / Crea Scoopy Un-Restriction &Re: Asdf Fdsa Asdf Fdsa 08/09/02 08:49PM
  Re: Honda Metro / Crea Scoopy Un-Restriction &Re: h/b h/b 08/05/05 08:34PM

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account