? on the Honda Metro...

Andrew Scullin /

Ok I live in Wis. and I just wanna know if you need a regular license or a motorcycle license to drive a Honda Metro (JUST THE METRO, NOT THE METRO II). Cause on one site that it was 49CCs and then on another site that it was 50CCs. If anyone knows please respond and give the REAL amount of CCs.

Re: ? on the Honda Metro...

I live in Wisconsin and have registered my metro (not metro II) as a moped. My dealer said that they were able to do it because the DOT was letting them through as mopeds, not motercycles, if they did an electronic filing for the license. So, my suggestion is to buy from a dealer who has the ability to electronicly file it for you. The manual says that it is a 49cc engine, but the model number is i think "CHF50." I bought mine in Appleton (cause thats where im from and it was 300 cheaper), but I live in Madison. Haven't gotten pulled over yet, even when going like 40 in a 25. cause hey its just a friggen scooter.

InfectedBootSector /

Its 49cc... most motorcycle motors are always rounded up.

Depends on your state laws, but I think you'll be VERY happy with it!

technically is is a 49cc i believe, howerever from honda it is called a CHF50 like stated... in california where i am, you have to have a license. they draw the line at needing a license or not when it has pedals on it. no pedals = need a license. most cops don't mess with you anyways cuz you have trouble breaking the speed limit. just check out the local laws and adhere to em. as far as registration of it goes, i bought mine from a dealer who did it all electronically. it has to be registered, insured, and you must have a license or at least a scooter M2 license in state of CA. hope i helped. =D

lol technically its 49.6cc, so some states round it up to 50cc, even honda did....but still in some states its only 49cc....but is the cop gonna really know what cc's it is???

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account