hole in gas cap

would the gas milage be affected if my gas cap has a hole in it?? i dunno if it does but i'm just wondering...

Re: hole in gas cap

lol how would it???

It's supposed to be there

Hi Drew:

Most gas caps have a small pin-hole size hole in them to allow air to flow into the tank as gas-mix flows out. This allows the fuel to drain properly without a vacuum forming and preventing fuel from flowing.

Assuming you don't have a huge hole in your gas cap, it's probably there by design.

Chris.

Re: It's supposed to be there

lolz

ummm actually it looks like it was hit with a screwdriver

bradccool /

ok......think about it this way if u suck your beverage threw a straw and put ur finger over the top of the straw.......nothing will come out.............it works the same way with a gas tank........there has to be some small hole..........if u dont have the original gas cap......then maybe that one didnt have a hole in it......and somone had to make a hole so it would work........either way it would not effect your gas milage......or anything else! except maybe it leaking when ur moped is upside down............how often will that happen!!!

OK... you are asking if the gas fumes coming out of a 'damage hole' .. has enough vapor in it to decrease your measured gas mileage ?

Maybe a little .. put a piece of duct tape over it.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account