Re: More info....

david f martin /
This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

Sorry, Larry. I just re-read your first post and realized you've replaced the rings and had the cylinder honed, so WD-40 shouldn't make much difference. I was giving you advice for a piston and rings that have been sitting for a long time.

How much did you have the cylinder honed? Did you get oversized rings (I'm not sure if they exist)? You may have to go with an oversized piston to match the bore.

With a Honda engine, you can just take the piston and cylinder to the dealer and have them check 'em out, but I'm not sure about Motobecane... Seems like any motorcycle shop SHOULD be able to check it out for you, but I don't know fer shure...

david

This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.
Subject Written By Posted
  Help me....Motobecane engine saga continues...Topic by: Larry Larry 08/04/02 12:28AM
  Re: Help me....Motobecane engine saga continues...Re: david f martin david f martin 08/04/02 12:50AM
  More info....Re: Larry Larry 08/04/02 10:12AM
  Re: More info....Re: Fred Fred 08/04/02 10:47AM
  Re: More info....Re: Larry Larry 08/04/02 10:52AM
  Re: More info....Re: Fred Fred 08/04/02 11:05AM
  Re: More info....Re: david f martin david f martin 08/04/02 01:27PM

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account