Re: More info....

Larry /
This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

Hi Fred,

Thanks for the advice.

I don't have a compression gauge, but I placed my thumb over the spark plug hole as your guide advises, and had my son pedal. My finger was not "blown" off the hole as I thought it would be. Do I have low compression?

The only thing I did which could possibly be related to the problem is that I used an "E" marked piston with an "L" marked cylinder. The "E" cylinder that I have developed a small "hanging spot" when I had it honed, so I opted to use my spare "L" marked cylinder. Could this be the cause of the problem?

I was really trying to get this bike road ready by the end of the week, but my hopes are fading quickly.

Thanks,

Larry

This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.
Subject Written By Posted
  Help me....Motobecane engine saga continues...Topic by: Larry Larry 08/04/02 12:28AM
  Re: Help me....Motobecane engine saga continues...Re: david f martin david f martin 08/04/02 12:50AM
  More info....Re: Larry Larry 08/04/02 10:12AM
  Re: More info....Re: Fred Fred 08/04/02 10:47AM
  Re: More info....Re: Larry Larry 08/04/02 10:52AM
  Re: More info....Re: Fred Fred 08/04/02 11:05AM
  Re: More info....Re: david f martin david f martin 08/04/02 01:27PM

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account