Tomos identification question

I have a 1991 Tomos TT, the sticker on the bike says 1-91 indicating it was made in January 1991. Except for the flairings that channel the air to the cooling fins it looks just like a Tomos Targa. However, this bike has the A35 engine and the listing of engine production at the Moped Junk-yard lists the first year for the A35 engine as 1992.

Is this an inaccuracy in the list put out by the Moped Junk-yard? Or, did some Tomos mopeds with the A35 engine slip into this country, unnoticed before 1992?

By the way, the sticker on the bike also identifies the engine as an A35, so, this bike has not had an A35 added later.

Any insight on this situation would be appreciated.

Re: Tomos identification question

Reeperette /

>>Is this an inaccuracy in the list put out by the Moped Junk-yard? Or, did some Tomos mopeds with the A35 engine slip into this country, unnoticed before 1992?<<

I'd say maybe a little of both...I remember the A5(A35) Engines being advertised by a local shop back in 1990, but they were not commonly available in full production runs till about 1992 as far as I know of.

-R

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account