Re: gunk in da gas '78 Hobbit

Fred /
This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

Well remember that I didn't do the molasses deal.

I know 3 people now who HAVE done it in the last 4 months..

I pasted 2 of their versions here.

Use the search button above and enter 'molasses' ... that should take you to the 2 or 3 threads about it.

Read both the versions I copied... they answer all your questions .. Its very clear that it works.. both the guys said they were surprised at how great it worked ... and the ratios of molasses to water are stated on the one thread .. approx. 7 parts water to 1 part 'blackstrap' molasses.. (which you can buy at some food stores for less than $5).

If you have the time to wait 2 weeks or so ... I'd do it in a heartbeat .. (and I am going to do my PA this winter .. cuzz 2 inline fuel filters don't stop the rust crud from getting into my carb.)

If you'd rather wait till winter like me ... then buy a PAPER filter inline fuel filter (unlike mine) ... I do believe that will stop the rust crud from getting to the carb ...

This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.
Subject Written By Posted
  gunk in da gas '78 HobbitTopic by: saddlesore saddlesore 08/01/02 08:43PM
  Re: gunk in da gas '78 HobbitRe: Fred Fred 08/01/02 10:03PM
  Re: gunk in da gas '78 HobbitRe: saddlesore saddlesore 08/02/02 10:15AM
  Re: gunk in da gas '78 HobbitRe: saddlesore saddlesore 08/02/02 04:10PM
  Re: gunk in da gas '78 HobbitRe: Fred Fred 08/02/02 05:58PM
  Re: gunk in da gas '78 HobbitRe: Fred Fred 08/02/02 06:06PM

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account