M O P E D M O N D A Y

Alright you seattle area peders...I want to here from you people who I have'nt met yet. As you may have heard we are getting together on monday nights @ the tin hat around 9... And you peders that aren't from seattle I want to hear about your frequent get togethers and what you do.......Greg Dark

Re: M O P E D M O N D A Y

This might be stupid, but it would be pretty cool if on Monday nights, all the mopeders who can, comes out and rides their ped on Monday nights. Then peders can meet other peders when riding around.

I already ride just about everynight with my friends, but it would be cool if on Monday nights, as many people who can come out, rides their peds around. This would be so there is one day of the week where peders can meet other peders, instead of having to look for them everyday, we can find them on the roads.

-Viet

peashooter /

you ped to skate places or somthing viet?

Right Now Me and My friend Have A moped Gang if thats what you can call it. Its called Heavens Angles(Simpsons Hells Satans) But we only have Teo people. Me and my friend. What woud you say is the best way to get people join Heavens Angles.

david f martin /

You've got friends?

Make yourself a T-shirt that says, "PLEASE be my moped friend!", park your moped in front of the mall, and sit on it, smoking a cigarette.

Having a mustache helps too, so if you can't grow one, just make one with some of your mom's eyeliner.

Oh, yeah, and don't forget to wear a hat, too. Maybe one with a really wide brim, with a white satin sash around it, and a feather sticking out of it.

Don't forget sunglasses, especially at night!

If you do this every night all summer long, maybe you'll get yourself up a moped gang. Or maybe not, I could be wrong...

david

Wait... Peashooter, I didn't understand what you said. "You ped to skate places or something"... I ride my moped to get around to get to my favorite skate spots, if thats what you're trying to say...

-Viet

I was just wondering how often members of the actual moped army branches get together besides the larger events? Do you guys have a particular day of the week that is a scheduled "hang out" night?

by the way...anyone who does live in seattle (or surrounding area), and wants to join the fun on moped mondays, the tin hat is a bar on 65th in ballard. if you need directions e-mail me at indiarubber@hotmail.com ...or e-mail greg dark, kevin barrans, or justin wilmore (see the moped owners directory section of this fabulous site). also, we are in the midst of planning a couple of trips for the late august / september era. one may be a possible camping outing to orcas island, which would include a ferry trip to whidbey island, then another ferry ride from anacortes to orcas island. also possibly just a day trip from seattle to whidbey island, and possibly a barbeque at our house in ballard. keep in touch...and remember...mopeds are sexy...

kory

greg dark /

Tonight turned into two wheel thursday I guess....I just got home from the tin hat and we had three mopeds on the whim...I love riding my moped and yes kory it runs agian........................greg dark...........................................................I heart mopeds

who was the third? did kevin get his new cable today, or was there someone else?

...oh, and also...two wheel thursday? that's just out of control...i wasn't informed about any of this...i am just stuck here at the studio, cut off from the outside world.

speed dark /

it was spur of the moment, i wish i had mine running, i rode my bike though......jeeze i'm a dork

greg dark /

yes it was kevin and justin it has two wheels so your OK...............................greg dark

Ya I got friends Jackass. Unlike you.

Jerkass

david f martin /

Tim, you're an asshole. I won't be responding to any more of your posts, unless you actually have something INTERESTING to say. I encourage others to do the same.

david

Hey guys...I think you were missing the point of the original topic entirely. This is about getting together with other people who love mopeds, and just having a good time. The moped monday get togethers kind of has the same goals as the forums on this website (on a more personal, local level). This topic was started to share a little bit of what we want to start in Seattle, and also to hear from others about what they do with their moped crews. Keep responding...but let's hear some moped community discussions. Just a thought from me to you anyway...mopeds are sexy...

Kory

david f martin /

I screwed up your thread, Kory. I apologize. Tim IS an asshole, though.

I just ride my scoot back and forth to work, don't get out much...

Sometimes it would be fun to have someone to ride with, but I'd probably be working on thier bikes all of the time...

Just a cranky old mechanic,

david

I understand David...no need to apologize. Those of us who have been frequenting the forum lately are relatively new, but we do have a tight group out here in the Pacific Northwest. 4 of us live together, and 2 more of our friends basically live with us too (they just go home because they have wives there). We are a close group of friends that all got into mopeds together. We are also recruiting more of our close friends, as well as meeting new people every week. It's cool..and we enjoy mopeds together. We are really looking forward to some of the trips we are planning, and expect to have a good time hanging out at a bar on mondays. We expect there will probably 6-10 people to start with who will be there on mondays, and the possibilities for growth are endless. Anyway, as you can see, when I am sitting at work with nothing to do, I tend to ramble...blah, blah, blah. I hope somebody out there finds what I have to say interesting.

Kory

Oh, and by the way David...I have a lot of respect for what you do. Mechanics, though some are cranky, are always seeming to help people with mechanical problems they are having. This website is a perfect example of that, and I know that people like Fred have also helped my friends tremendously in getting their mopeds running. So thanks to all who offer the help. (more ramblings sure to follow in days to come).

Kory

david f martin /

Sounds like fun to me. I don't see very many other 50cc'rs around here, though...

Y'know, I've had conversation with at least 5 other 'lil bikers in the past year or so...

Hmm.

david

david f martin /

It's funny, its not the machines that make us cranky. Most of the time, its the folks we're dealing with...

david

greg dark /

The next person to talk shit on my thread will DIE!!! but is is good to hear that some of us mopeders get along. And if you don't get along stay the fuck off my posts...Heart greg dark

Only two more days until the first "official" moped monday at The Tin Hat. A neighbor guy stopped by our house today on his moped...He has seen us riding around, and seen the 5 peds we have sitting outside our house. He may also be joining us on monday. Looks like moped mondays is growing already.

Kory

greg dark /

Yeaaa Baby thats what I'm Talkin about

AWWWW yeah! My puch 2 speed is rock and or rolling! I will beat all your asses to Moped Monday suckas! thanx kevie, for working on my moped.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2127956985

Any of you guys see this- it'd be in your area, If you wanted.

Pretty cool looking for an old machine.

Kevin Barrans /

yep. i've been keeping a very close eye on it. it'd be a pretty fun restoration project.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account