Re: OT: Even Mexicans hate emos

Ever play Hipster bingo?

damn it your right!

woah i think i fit in there on the bingo board. now i hate me.

Midlife Crisis Alan /

self hatred is on the alternate bingo board with a fixed-gear bike and pumas and knitting needles and black skinny jeans and an ironic record collection. Updates!

Machismo Is bullshit. Honestly there are a lot worse things than emos. They populate my favorite coffee house and seem to be remarkably un-obnoxious for younger kids. As far as I've seen they seem to respect those around themselves (though not themselves maybe). It would seem that the baseball hat wearing loud preppy who comes in like he owns the place is a hell of a lot more annoying.

BTW don't you love news anchors from Latin America?

no groms no blasters /

I wonder what Rites of Spring thinks about all of this.

yes most emo kids are not obnoxious and we respect those around themselves and some of us dont respect ourself but we are a good group of kids

You need to add mopeds to the hipster graphic up there.

Unfortunate whats become of mopeds and pbr. I enjoyed both before either became this hipster thing.

Yeah, I've been wearing cabbie hats for a long time!

You would think that the emo kids would love being disliked, misunderstood, and oppressed for real. Maybe its not all just in their heads?

-E

How about this: figure out your own way and dont fit in with any particualar group. Dont be a skinhead, emo, punk or anything. Be a fucking individual, I know its hard to define yourself but thats how you do it.

teenagers are lame. fuck violence.

OT: Even Mexicans hate emos

Its just mod's & rocker's all over again, But without bikes.

I wonder if the Emo kids are going to make a movie about it.

"Emophenia"?

This story really is about the younger generation fighting against the typical male machismo presented in most Latin cultures. You can laugh all you want but I think it's awesome these kids are doing what they enjoy and fighting for it.

"Time":http://www.time.com/time/arts/article/0,8599,1725839,00.html has a better article on the issue.

In most latin cultures? That is a problem evey culture has. These kids are not fighting for it, there getting it handed to them.

"In yearbooks, they're the kids who wear exaggerated haircuts and immerse themselves in moody music. In short: the kids jocks have been beating up for decades."

Well I have to say, wearing tight pants in Mexico must be harder than in the USA. That was the point of the Time article.

ok I'am really out of touch...wtf is an "emo"?

no groms no blasters /

"ok I’am really out of touch…wtf is an "emo"?"

Not to be _that_ guy, but:

http://fourfa.com/

I second the "I wonder what Rites of Spring" think of this and add a I wonder what Heroin, Orchid, and Cap'n Jazz, etc. think of this. Except none of them probably do. I can't imagine any of them, especially this much later, thinking anything about any of these kids. Just like I didn't think anything of the Hot Topic punk kids that came after me, and I don't think anything about the Fall Out Boy kids that are claiming that they're Emo now, some 15 years after the music was created. But hey, I'm a bitter old man.

As for the Machismo thing, one of my exs was from Chile. One of the things that that she told me about Machismo is that the dudes are so MANLY that they think it's okay to do other dudes. Because they're SO MANLY that having sex with other dudes doesn't detract from how MANLY they are.

I thought that was pretty rad.

no groms no blasters /

_This story really is about the younger generation fighting against the typical male machismo presented in most Latin cultures. You can laugh all you want but I think it’s awesome these kids are doing what they enjoy and fighting for it._

Let's not get carried away! They're just kids who are emulating a look they saw on television or in magazines. It's not bringing the girls up front for the arrival of a new renegade girl-boy hyper-nation. I mean, I'm just a white boy, but it seems like emo is hardly killing rock stars. The bands are still pretty dudes, anointed by the high priests of radio stardom, up on a big stage, with hardly a woman to be seen. If there is one, she's definitely not playing an instrument. I definitely think it's horrible that raging mobs are shouting, "All hands on the bad one!" and jumping these poor little 15 year-olds.

It's just tight pants and fancy hair. Ten years ago, tight pants and fancy hair were probably essential to displaying masculinity, and they probably will be again in another ten years. A watchmaker could set his clocks by it.

We've got a generation of QUIET TEENAGERS and we're complaining?

A lot people confuse me with emo because I wear slim jeans. I wear them because I like them, and i get a bad image cuz of those d-bags. I STRONGLY DISLIKE punk, emo, most indie and all that ish, that the hipsters like. I like jazz, funk, soul, and classic hiphop. this hate towards people is just ridiculous and needs to stop. Its such a waste of time and energy. "they want me mad at em', but ill just keep rollin and laugh at em"

Nah, what we got is a generation of lost, poorly educated, anti- social kids who think society owes them something. The look to television and corporation to define who and what they are, and get depressed because they think the world is "unfair" and "hard". They have never experienced any real hardships, they have never seen what real problems look like. You dont have time to cry much about the world when there is nothing to eat, know what I mean.

no groms no blasters /

As opposed to what, baby boomers?

The kids are all right.

this fucking violence is rediculous.

all we really have is a shitload of people who have to hate someone, so they hate the people that look different from them, or they hate the rest of the world cause its the cool thing to do.

what the fuck gives you the right to hurt people who like to listen to screamo? are you so much better than them because you listen to some other form of music?

i hate how music gets tied up in this like it actually matters. you dont dress some way cause you listen to the music associated with it, you dress some way cause you like to.

its no different than hating black people cause they are all some way or another.

calling some kid an emo fag is just like calling someone a nigger. what basis do you actually have for knowing who the fuck they are in the slightest?

no groms no blasters /

Admiral Awesome Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Let's not get carried away! They're just kids who

> are emulating a look they saw on television or in

> magazines. It's not bringing the girls up front

> for the arrival of a new renegade girl-boy

> hyper-nation. I mean, I'm just a white boy, but it

> seems like emo is hardly killing rock stars. The

> bands are still pretty dudes, anointed by the high

> priests of radio stardom, up on a big stage, with

> hardly a woman to be seen. If there is one, she's

> definitely not playing an instrument. I definitely

> think it's horrible that raging mobs are shouting,

> "All hands on the bad one!" and jumping these poor

> little 15 year-olds.

Holy shit, I'm amazing.

yeah they are landsquids.

Is emo slang for Eskimo, cuz eskimo beeyotches are fine.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account