Here in NJ it was in the 90's today and

Anthony MWH /

I ride around like stock moped reliabilty.

Im using the stock heatrange, going colder is definately a good idea. One or 2 heat rangers the most. With the 82 its a tad rich, the only diff ull get is that when ur at max speed it wont rev all out. I would rather protect my expensive kit than get that +2 mph tho.

The eurocylindro/athena kis is really high quiality. Im not saying this biased, i DONT work for MWH just a tester. I had the old japenese kit on my puch. the thing broke after a month. It was CRAP..

This itailan kit is excellent!

Im running a Bing 15mm carb, its 65 from www.mopedwarehouse.com with the powerfilter, and 82 mainjet

Re: Atn, Matt Wilson, Mbartell and whomever else

WHOAH- CHILL OUT

I just show what I do - try to share info. I only flame people who go overly political on their posts. You don't have to be an ASS about it. The vice grip was a temporary thing, and the roofing shingle? Look I just used some metal as a shim, so it would fit.

That's what you have to do when you make things work.

I thought-something you should try- that you worked for MopedWarehouse... but I guess you just leech off them so you can beat the crap out of people with your fast-ass moped. Good for you.

Personally I'd be scared shitless on a 54mph moped. But if you are so threatened, come to shit ass Texas and show me- it'll only take you about 50 hours---even if you went 60 the whole time.

I am glad that the kits are tested at MWH that's a hell of a lot better than any other place. Just don't be that much of a jerk.

Na i dont leech of Chris

Anthony MWH /

Actually I pay for the kits i test. He helps me out obviously if it dont work, and most of those mopeds arent even mine, I personally own 2 mopeds, a puch maxi, and a General 5 star I just traded from a tomos. I just help him out in my spare time with stuff. not to be an ass or anything but to come on to the army after last nite posting about my kit and finding 25 responses of how i make livings selling kits n stuff just is freaky. Thats all, im just tryin to help out.

P.S for ur pipe why not try to braise it shut at the header? I have the 2 piece biturbo on my genreal and it fits like a glove.

Re: Na i dont leech of Chris

I don't have a torch, flux or braising rods right now. I guess that I could try it with one of those burns-o-matic plumber rigs, but not right now.

That would be the best way to do it, and it wouldn't run the risk of blowing a hole in the pipe where the weld is.

Hey- I'm sorry if I pissed you off... That isn't what I meant to do.

No its cool, everyones got there opinions

Anthony MWH /

If anyone has questions about the Sachs kit id be glad to help. Also when that pipe is fully sealed it will run better cuz the pipe will be sealed and it will make more pwoer. It will also be more quiet.

Re: Na i dont leech of Chris

Matt Wilson /

I didn't mean to criticize the mopedwarehouse in any way. I've never met or dealt with you guys before.

However, I'm always skeptical when a vendor makes huge claims.

But if you can really get 53mph on a 1 speed moped thats incredible.

I'd love to check it out sometime!

Matt

I just got the General 1 wk ago

Anthony MWH /

For a trade on a Tomos Targa LX. I put the kit on it, but the previous owner had it geared REALLY high. A 9-26 sproket combo. It had crummy take off. I went up to a 28 and its better, and the top end speed is great. Ill tell ya that at the 50 mph its not revving high at all, and this is because of my sproket ratio.

Thats proabaly why im getting these speeds on a 1 speed.

I just got the General 1 wk ago

Anthony MWH /

For a trade on a Tomos Targa LX. I put the kit on it, but the previous owner had it geared REALLY high. A 9-26 sproket combo. It had crummy take off. I went up to a 28 and its better, and the top end speed is great. Ill tell ya that at the 50 mph its not revving high at all, and this is because of my sproket ratio.

Thats proabaly why im getting these speeds on a 1 speed.

Anthony...

I've considered a 70cc kit for my Sachs and have been advised by a good moped mechanic (he's done hundreds of rebuilds) that it isn't such a good idea. The mechanic says that your asking for trouble after a while because the rest of the engine isn't designed to handle the 70cc power addition.

What's your take on this analysis?

Well, the crank and engine case is designed for..

Anthony MWH /

The original 50 cc engine in mind. If you keep the revs down on your motor by gearing differently ex, getting a much smaller sproket for the back, you should be fine. What will kill any engine is just revving it super high. The bearings and crank just will wear quicker at increased rpm.. I have a 28 rear sproket, i think 46 is standard. My take off is a little worse, but i can cruize 40-50 just a little above stock rpm range.

And fuel efficinetly is alot better if your not revving the engine as high.

Re: Well, the crank and engine case is designed fo

Thanks Anthony. How about your engine sprocket? What size seems best with the 70cc kit?

Right Now im running 9 in front

Anthony MWH /

I havent been able to find front sprokets easily for Sachs motors. You get better acceleration with the smaller front, and by canceling it out wiith the much smaller rear sproket, it still has decent accel.

cant get my moped started

i replaced rings on my foxy sachs moped because moped froze is un frozen now but wont start has compresion wanting to know if theres a reed in the moter or what i can do to get started pleas email

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account