"Take a Moped Camping" MA-NH weekend!

"Take a Moped Camping" MA-NH weekend!

Well I let this one die down a bit but it is going to happen and for those of you that don't know what I'm talking about check this out!

https://www.mopedarmy.com/forums/discuss/1/468408/468408/

So the plan is now this:

Leave early Friday Morning (6/60) from Haverhill, MA 01832 175+miles

Camp in Woodstock, NH (Water Rest Campground)

Saturday Rise and ride for the day 50+ mile ride

Sunday awake and head back 175+miles

So the Dates are June 20-22

Campground is Water Rest Campground in Woodstock, NH They contacted me and at 10+ people we get the two nights for $20.00 a couple

Please I hope to se this grow to 30 bikes for the trip.

Mike

1205497744_ma_nh_out_line.gif

Re: "Take a Moped Camping" MA-NH weekend

i'll go. i've wanted to do a long ride like that since i've had a ped. is the route too hilly for one-speeds though? i have an e50 with a 65 metrakit

if your gearing is right an E50 is no problem it would probably be better than my minarelli

have you rode this route before? What roads are we going to be on? im not a cartographer, and i dont expect you to be either so maybe you should google map the route and have something a bit more detailed planned out?

that being said, if i have a nice sold bike by then (i should) i'd probably meet you guys somewhere on your way thru NH and ride with you the rest of the way.

when i go up that way i usually take 107 theres less traffic and a nicer ride but theres no brake down lane

rt 3 is not too bad either

could always take 125 to rochester then take 11 goes by the lakes to rt 3 to 175 where the campground is

then theres always 16 to 112 the kanc to lincoln

i used to live in conway i know all the routes up northern nh i travel up there all the time

is there any way we could do something at bike week? i think it would be great because wed be riding with a group of friends and then wed get to meet a whole bunch of new people and introduce ourselves and our ped. im sorry if im interfering with plans its just a suggestion

I’m all for it.

And by no way are you interfering I’m always looking for ideas and help with the planning.

And Joho it’s good to see you’re still alive.

Mike

yep alive and kickin. its good to see you too. ive been off ma and to tell you the truth the only reason im on is cause of this ride. i really want to make it. ill be out of school that week i believe.

i really like reppin moped gangs and stuff and theres nothing more fun then swarming with a group. i would really love to show off our bikes to bikers there and attend the events.

laconia is actually a closer ride than woodstock. i dunno if you wanna ride to laconia stay there get into trouble there and go home or make a short stop there and continue to woodstock. then go back.

hey jo whats up with dan is he still alive or what

he is. his magnum is dead i dont know why yet and his sachs is here at my house it needs an exhaust. im not completely sure on its reliability yet. dan is doing great. hes got a vespa now which is his primary rider.

We'll have to get Dan in on this trip as well.

I know he'll love to do the miles. It'll be nothing for him.

Shit.

I want to do this ride so fucking bad. I'd bring my badass Moby. My brother would be on his Magnum.

BUT.....we're off on an ocean race that begins on the 20th.

Unreal.

Well....have fun, everyone.

I like Bike week just for a meet and ride. I know camping is out of the question then.

Well I live just near Laconia. (Alexandria, if you want to google it)

and it's about a half an hour ride in a car. Not on bike week. it takes about three hours.

but.

You are all more than welcome to camp at my house. we live on 100 acres.

I don't get to check this because I don't have the internet. but if someone wanted to get in touch with me about it. Give me a call.

Joe knows my number, or I think Daniel does.

Let me know I just need to know how many people. in case I need to get a port-a-potty.

Ha.

But for those of you who don't want to Camp. I can accomodate some people in beds in the house.

Keep in touch. Drop me an email. I'd rather not have my phone number up here.

But yeah. It would be a blast, Maybe I'll even have my moped done by then. I could ride out and meet you.

-Aaron

that would be cool i believe i been through alexandria on a ped or scoot before

yoo aaron. if its half an hour away by car its gonna be WAY longer by bike. hopefully finding a place to pitch camp will be reasonable. i am so up for this ride

I can get a "Handy House" for nothing a perk of being a past employee and having the North Shore divisions manager as a best friend.

But as of right now it appears to be over 16 people camping and 10 bikes for the ride up the other 6 for camping and Saturdays ride.

If your cool with letting us camp there it would be great. I'm sure every one will be more then respectful of your land. Alexandria is 1/2 hour from the strip but we should be able to make it on the Mopeds in less then an hour thanks to the pass on the right ability plus it's not that far it's just time due to the roads being 35mph anyways. If we camp in Woodstock it would be 2 hours on the bike straight to get to the strip.

Joe if you want to set this spot up for camping that would be great. then E-mail me to let me know.

Mike

mike I am so excited for this trip. im downloading google earth right now to get directions to where we are going. mike are you saying we can still camp in woodstock and make a trip out to laconia on our bikes then go back to woodstock at night to camp?

it would probably be more fun to camp at aarons place since he has 100 acres of land and it would be all moped guys we wont have to deal with any weekend worriors

it would be cheaper too

alexandria is a bit west of 93 i havent been over that side in a wile that should be fun

what truck is being taken to tow the trailer? is that truck gonna be able to hold our backpacks/tents?

wherever we camp im cool with it dude. i would totaly love to swarm and destroy bike week

im not sure i think mikes father will be driving up towing the trailer incase anyones peds break down

i think my sister will be driving up too but im not sure on that too but im not sure on that either mike will tell ya

i still want in on this. . . especially if bike week is involved . . . if that's cool? it'd be me and my girl, probably 2 peds but maybe just one double

everybody is welcome to come

are you planning on riding up from jersey or taking a car

i wanna finish painting my ped and getting it jetted right by then!

Are you going to publish the route? I have a couple peds/friends to join the ride, but can't do the whole weekend thing. Concord, NH here.

Mike Singer

taking a car, definitely

i emailed all the khz to see if we can get a few more.

paint what the hell ya need that for

awesome im glad this is developing.. keep the info out there and i'll try and get some Gear presence there.

I'd honestly like to go, but I haven't gotten my ride off the ground and it's going to be a while...I still haven't fully tested it yet or have any replacement parts, but I'm working on it!

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account