Peugeot Electrical Questions

Matt Wilson /

Can someone with all working electricals on a 1978ish 103v tell me the following things:

On the side of the frame on the short horizontal bar there is a wire that is grounded to the frame. What color is it?

On the handlebar switch for the lights, remove the cover. Underneath there are 4 pegs. Is there a wire that bridges any of them over the top?

On the headlamp what wires connect to the light bulb?

Re: Peugeot Electrical Questions

matt, you need to get a clymer manual.

elec.jpg

Matt Wilson /

Thanks so much rodney

ItsLookingUp /

Matt, I just picked up a '80 103. This evening, I can document the 103's electrical if you still need it. All the electrical works on this ped. By document I mean; photo electric components and wiring. and check for power levels

Matt Wilson /

Itslookingup, that would be great!

Mine works well 30mph, and my compression is a little low 100psi. I bought a new head and tail lamp, but for some reason, only the tail running light works. The brake light doesn't and niether does the tail light.

As a speed mod put some washers underneath the metal plate that holds the engine pivot spring. This should allow your belt to move furthur up the variator.

How fast does yours go?

Matt

ItsLookingUp /

Thanks for the tilt tip! This 103 appears to be a resue waiting to happen. Everything is there and working. It's cream and avacado! Too cool! duck gifted me a blue 103 frame and a BANNANA SEAT!!! Thanks duck!!! I can't wait to get into this one!!!

duck and I met an Ebay seller (Paul) in Atlanta. We spent the afternoon working on and riding 6 resued mopeds. Peachtree Street was awesome place to be with the guidance of a downtown local!. I've got some great memories of the meeting!

Gotta get to the JOB! check in this evening.

Re: Peugeot Electrical PICS

ItsLookingUp /

Matt, Here is a quick and dirty to try to get you going. Let me know if your need anything else or better pics.

<a href="http://www.itslookingup.com/moped/103/elec/elec.htm">; 1980 Peugeot 103 electrical pics</a>

Matt Wilson /

Itslookingup,

It looks like my 78 peugeot and your 80 are fairly different electrically.

Mine has a different switch, no wire boxes, and different color wires.

Hopefully I can work through this tomorrow!

Matt

ItsLookingUp /

Sorry that didn't help. If it would help I could draw a scematic of the wiring. I just got the ped. It may have CDI, I haven't gotten that deep into it. Wasn't able to get it running tonight. Fuel!!! Good luck, let me know if I can help.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account