cant find the parts i need...

i cant find the bearings/chsings that i need for the rear wheel of my free spirit...iv sent in part request forms at every moped parts site...either the people havnt got back 2 me, wont get back to me or just dont have the parts.....does any one have these???i need them....i cant ride without them.....and it SUCKS REALLY BAD!!!!!!!!

~dave~

Re: cant find the parts i need...

if no one else can help you w/ the parts ... you may want to consider a new rear wheel. good luck.

ya ive considered it...and i just spent a little over 120 on my ped last week...ive spent alot more on it b4 to...usually it doesnt mess up. but then again i did beat the hell outta it. i took it out with my friends 4 wheeler. It got drowned a few times, a few scratches...but usually nothing serious. until now.

~dave~

--when i get this fixed...no more off roadin, or even beatin on it

are they the cup bearings and if so are the cups still good?Dan

what do you mean cup bearings?

Do you put the bearings in the cone one by one or is it one complete bearing like they show you on the diagram on mopedjunkyard site. mine has the cone type where you buy the bearing only.

Matt Wilson /

Dave did you go to a bike shop yet?

Moped manufacturers didn't make special "moped only ball bearings". They are the same bearings used in bikes, scooters, and anything else that rolls.

I just repacked my sachs hub last week with new bearings.

As far as the cones, (the nut with a bevel on your axle), these may be moped specific, but you should be able to find something equivalent at a bike shop. They might have to order it but, it shouldn't cost more than $5.

And if your bearings have a cage around them (doubtful for a rear wheel) Get the same size ball bearings, pack the hub full of bearings and then remove one bearing.

Matt

i dont need just the bearings though, i need the chasings and housings to. thats why im having trouble.

Matt Wilson /

Still,

Check a bike shop. You'd be surprised what they can order.

And I don't know what chasing and housings you are talking about.

In most hubs, there are bearings, cones, locknuts, dustcaps, and washers. Can you describe the "chasing and housing"?

But really go to a bike shop thats been around a while.

Matt

i am trying to take a picture of the hubs, becuase i dont know anything about the wheels....but i am having trouble..

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account