electric mopedarmy

Ive been working on a new bike. im pretty stoked on it. i have a dummy tank in the works and the wiring will be inside the frame soon.

check it out here..

http://soundspeedscooters.com/first_photo_of_electric_romeo

Re: electric mopedarmy

very clever!

How fast is it? How far can you go on one charge?

I like it so far.

I just got the controller working last night and now i need to get some brakes working . it seems fast. around 35-40mph before i chicken out and slow down with sneaker only brakes, and its quick off the line. so fun. Ill be testing the speed and range soon.

i bet it has goobs of TQ

Is that a car battery?

) CuperAWESOMO ( /

What kind of motor did you use (Voltage, Amperage, and HP ratings?) My friend and I are making an electric moby for him since he is one of those sustainability types. We are pricing out motors and we are looking for some input. He wants to go overkill with a 15HP motor but it would be awesome to see what you used. Cool bike.

Sustainability?

You might want to remind your friend of where the electricity to charge that battery would come from.

Most likely it's a big, nasty, dirty coal-burning power plant.

Not to mention the processes involved in manufacturing the battery.

I don't mean to knock electric transportation, but unless you know the power you're using is coming from solar, wind, or nuclear plants, it's going to be hard to beat the efficiency of a little 50cc engine.

im working on a generator that uses a bicycle, a couple of big truck alternators, a little army of batteries and an ac/dc converter to power some stuff around the house. i race mountain bikes and its just a good way for me to train while doing something useful. should be easy for you to do something like that if you wanted to? the reason i got interested in mopeds in the first place is so i wouldnt have to pedal all the time though.

How much can you power and how long do you pedal?

I think more people should have to do something like that to help get an idea of just how much energy it takes to power a single light bulb. Just doing that could tire you out.

sustainability:

using energy at the rate the sun stores energy in the earth through the water cycle, plant matter, wind, and solar rays.

using more energy than that will deplete the earths resources.

carl is right, but not for everyone. electricity for me comes from rivers, which are powered by the sun through the water cycle.

what we really need is super efficient satelites that harness more of the suns energy than we can with what cross section we have here on earth. maybe the moon? the problem is getting that energy here to earth. maybe lasers? mirrors?

OOH!!!! i have an idea!

a way to reuse the energy the sun gives us.

release a layer of gases that allow solar radiation in but not out.

GLOBAL WARMING!!!!

sweet, im gonna go burn something!

it does 44 mph! its so much fun to ride. no sound at all. ill give an update on what kind of range im getting per charge after a week or so of riding. All the parts i used to build this bike will be for sale soon at www.soundspeedscooters.com

The battery is mounted too high. The high center of gravity will make it flop around on the corners.

It is too bad that you cannot make a conformal battery.

nice

i love electric bikes they are so much fun and you cant beat the torque

if your going to spend all that money on it you might as well go with Lion or Lipo batteries you get a lot more capacity in a lot less space and weight

Yeah!!! I was wondering about this project!!

I agree with Silverfox, if you can't get the battery suspended under the frame at least get resting in the bottom of the frame.

All that weight up high is going to feel funky.

hahaaa. I like it

those lithium batteries dont weigh anything. it rides real nice like

so what up with the romeo thunderhawk project?

electric FTL

ROBOPED!

Thunderhawk is still going on. You can order through Dan@1977mopeds.

cool

electric mopedarmy

I saw it last night, pretty awesome!

here is a slightly newer pic of the funnest moped ever

1212683294_romeo_moped.jpg

i saw this thing on the news about electric cars that are really quiet, and the dangers to kids running out in the street cause they can't hear the cars at all.

so watch out for deaf kids.

Cool.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account