Moped Army Improvements

I've been using this site for a couple months now and its awesome but I think this site and its users would benefit greatly from a couple new area specific forums. Lately I've been wanting to connect more directly with moped enthusiasts from my area (Boston) but have been hard pressed to find a centralized location to converse directly and exclusively with Boston riders. So what I'm saying is I think every sizable would benefit extremely from a forum specific to their area on this site. Anyone agree/disagree? Maybe we could convince the admins to put up some new forums. :)

love,

justin

Re: Moped Army Improvements

بهس&amp /

here in orlando we just have a thread, usually people see the title Orlando Tuesday Rides, and will post there.

Moped Army Improvements

Nah, i want to hear what everyone has to say. After a while, you'll see who's from Boston and you can email each other or set up your own separate forum. I think you (and others) would miss out though.

nope . start a moped army branch and you get your own forum.

I agree with Bryan. If they did that I would be all alone.Lol.

LOL, yeah i like hearing from everyone. there is a live chat that is floating around somewhere here in the threads....go get on that

Moped Army Improvements

do a _MOD Search_

MOD?

This is what I came up with in my extensive search, Jimmy....

Re: MOD?

oh crap

Last try....

Moped Army Improvements

Email up kHz and get them pumped on mopeds again! DO IT!

.....and then there is "MOD"

If you cant find me around Boston regarding mopeds , you aint looking. Ive been looking for anyone to do anything for so long its silly. Wanna talk mopeds?

Use the forum and post shit like this.

Wanna ride and find people with the same interests? Mopeds? Fixing them?

I aint that hard to find.

Justina L2S -+:| /

I emailed the KHZ contact and got nothin back. So each moped army branch has their own private forum? Thats cool I'd like to get in on that but thats not really what i meant. Ive seen forums that have seperate areas for regional discussion. Its still open, anyone can contribute but it focuses on the region. Take a look at http://www.iwsti.com/forums/ they have a great forum system (though maybe a bit gratuitous) which makes regional conversations easier.

"that's a man baby!"

hubba hubba

Moderator of Moped Army /

It has been discussed many times. believe me you are not the first to suggest or bring it up. however, there is much to be said for simplicity. one of the reason this site is so popular is its so simple.

If you make 20 forums you will have 20 areas that people hardly post in, as opposed to 5 that are brimming with traffic. also im not sure if you noticed but the site is all custom code, this aint exactly a phbb template.

there are some updates coming in a couple months though =)

Bea Arthur is HOTT~!

Yeah I agree with the simplicity of this site. I read this forum everyday and it would be a pain to have to go into separate regional forums to get all of the info that I get by reading the ones that are currently here.

Steamboat Aka J. R. Stevens /

It takes a while to learn how to navigate this site but I really like it, especially the threaded/flat view. Jim

Aaalright, I guess ill just wait to see what these "changes" will be. And as a Comp Sci undergrad I can appreciate the custom code.

Let me know if you ever need some coding assistance :)

Look, I'm not saying we should break the forum apart. These main 4 topics would still be the mainstay of the site. All I'm saying is that it would be nice to have a Boston area forum, separated from the others, so I could connect locally with Boston pedders. Any broad question or comment a person had would still feed into the main 4 but I'm aggravated that I have to search for 'Boston' and scan random topics every day just so I can find some boston related ped info.

Steamboat Aka J. R. Stevens /

Why not set up a Yahoo group? Jim

ᴛᴇʀʀʏ ᴅᴇᴀɴ /

yeah dood, either just start a boston thread, or make a forum outside of ma like everyone else does. latebirds had their own forum hosted elsewhere, and even though they are members now, they still use it. the reno scene has it's own forum at google.

The very fact that people create forums outside of this website to converse regionally is reason enough to include them in the site. Why should you have to go back and forth between your favorite regional forum and these forums when they could all be at the same place? I'm not demanding a change I'm simply pleading a case.

There profile may be old so email each member of the KHZs. There email address is in each profile. I'm sure you'll be able to get at least one response...

Do a MOD seach, there are 32 list in Boston.

cant find the chat thread

ᴛᴇʀʀʏ ᴅᴇᴀɴ /

this site offers four different forums for general members, plus a members only forum, and a forum for each branch. it costs us enough a year for that much. this isn't craigslist, use the general forum to rally your troops, or make yourself a forum someplace else. become awesome and maybe we'll vote you in, in which case you'll get your own forum.

https://www.mopedarmy.com/forums/discuss/read.php?f=1&i=461619&t=397732

This is the current who the hell are you forum thread

A few small things:

1) Formatting Codes:

This website is great, clean, minimal, slick and all; But to anyone who's been on the internet much and used normal full-featured forum software the formatting codes are extremely limited.

I understand not allowing HTML formatting, most don't anymore. But why the different formatting for the options left, bold , _ italics _, and ! images ! ?

I guess it's simpler for the people who have never been on a forum before, but isn't that catering to the minority?

What's wrong with the standard bold ?

I've been on a lot of message boards, and one thing that always happens no matter what is, people start asking for more features. Fuck that.

MA forums have:

1. no spam

2. excellent search/archives

3. video embedding

4. image embedding

5. image HOSTING (!)

6. pretty looks

Not bad for a custom-built web site. I don't think it's worth Simon's time to add these features in a centralized web site. Read about the future of web2.0 where you are in charge of your own web destiny and get involved with the digital age. for example my moped has its own myspace and wiki.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account