Michigan/Ohio Talking Mopeds

Hey hey Mid-west Mopedders,

I'm going to be heading to deepest-red Ohio via Detroit this week and I'm bringing the camera and some recording equipment! I'm in the area and I'd love to meet/hang with some mopedders Fri/Sat/Sun snap some photos, see some spaces, and even maybe record some audio of people discussing their own moped history. I'd love love love to meet any Decepticons if anyone's around and would like to muse about the youth they wasted on 50cc bikes.

also, not imperative, but I would be deeply thankful for anyone that would let me crash on a couch fri/sat where Tucker Carlson isn't blasting full volume in the background <3

I'll be ramming around between those two states with a rental car and unlimited mileage so hit me up if you'd like to hang!

message me on ig: @rehabforcandy

Re: Michigan/Ohio Talking Mopeds

the deepest red Ohio? So if you'd actually look at a map you'd notice our largest population centers, which just so happen to house most of our moped clubs are blue, Toledo, Cinci, Columbus, Cleveland, Dayton are all blue, but hey I guess google is tough for ya?

The way I red it is that she wasn’t going to be in the cool blue spots.

William Newhouse /

I am not sure is this supposed to be a political stab at Ohio? Or am I reading something wrong? (edited)

HI!

IM in Cleveland but I'm gone til next Monday. Zeros are a good bet, where you headed exactly? Lotta folks in Columbus too, but Cleveland is the best. Hehehe

We bringing politics into mopeds now too? Regardless of anyone's beliefs, we all enjoy this dumb hobby. Can we not have one thing that doesn't revolve around politics? Are we not tired of it yet?

Yeesh, Carrie is good jams, so are zeros. Middle ohio is real tho, I don't love it, folks get high on hate

William Newhouse /

> Bryan Shank wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> We bringing politics into mopeds now too? Regardless of anyone's

> beliefs, we all enjoy this dumb hobby. Can we not have one thing that

> doesn't revolve around politics? Are we not tired of it yet?

I agree. I think just about all of us just enjoy the hobby. That and the moped community in general. Also Toledo Zeros are great, love going to visit them. And have met and been helped by other locations as well. Really no out right bad experience's yet.

Come through to Pittsburgh

Mike McScoutington /

Damn, too bad I’m out of town this weekend. I am in fact a Dcon, I have and cherish stupid little 50cc bikes, I’m 20 min from Detroit, and I have never watched TC a day in my life.

Ypsilanti/Ann Arbor have a ton of moped folks. I’ll link this post in our group chat and see if anyone will be around.

Carrie is a cool lady. She did a ton of pics at the blood drive rally.

Carrie, I never heard back about any pics on my Magnum. I kinda jumped ship on Instagram tho so I'm not sure if you hit me back on there. I rode that orange magnum with the blue tank. I was rocking that rainbow windbreaker on the Saturday ride.

And thanks for all of the moped support!

I’ll be having Thanksgiving deep in that maroon patch in the northwest, free after.

https://images.app.goo.gl/fc7Yug463oMXCBYJ9

I’m from Ohio, I’m aware of the cooler better blue parts.

A1841BA7-75CE-43F5-B165-B2CD57AF1657.png

Oh nice thanks!! Yeah I’d love to check out Ann Arbor folks! Columbus guys just hit me up so I’m getting a nice zig zag going ha

Columbus hit me up, they sound fun, sounds like they’ll be wrenching

Mostly it’s going to be overwhelmingly political the moment I walk through the door for Thanksgiving and I’m just going to be really tired of it after 2 days

The cure is garage beers

I’ll just be really tired of my family calling me a snowflake by Friday and looking to cleanse the bad vibes with moped hangs

Zeroes sound cool! I’ll hit them up on ig

Oh yeah I’m pretty much only Instagram my bad, I posted up a bunch there but I can take a look again - usually shooting black-and-white so hard to scan by color, do you remember what you were wearing?

> Carrie Schreck wrote:

> I’ll just be really tired of my family calling me a snowflake by Friday

> and looking to cleanse the bad vibes with moped hangs

>

> Zeroes sound cool! I’ll hit them up on ig

Dude I totally respect that, we get dogged a lot for our totally regressive policies, but we city folks aren't that way, hell Toledo has had the longest serving female congresswoman! Maybe I just read it wrong, either way, Zero shop is open all weekend, we have couches, a sleeping loft, 5000sq feet of moped fun, our shop day is Sunday but we'll be around all weekend

give me a ring 567-288-9540

> Dude I totally respect that, we get dogged a lot for our totally

> regressive policies, but we city folks aren't that way, hell Toledo has

> had the longest serving female congresswoman! Maybe I just read it

> wrong, either way, Zero shop is open all weekend, we have couches, a

> sleeping loft, 5000sq feet of moped fun, our shop day is Sunday but

> we'll be around all weekend

Oh cool, yeah I feel that, I was actually born in Sylvania and lived there as a kid but haven't been back much at all, would love to check out the Toledo folks <3 the shop sounds sick!! I will definitely plan to make a stop, will text you so you have my number. I'll grab a case of whatever you guys like to drink!

shitting on the midwest is like beating up your little brother, nobody else can do it.

gotta be from here to talk shit, otherwise you're just a coastal elitist fuck.

glad to see everyone is getting along.

Ohio isnt real.

🦺🥇b to the eff /

> CORN PED wrote:

> Ohio isnt real.

Pfft. Says the guy from hotdishistan. ;-)

It's wild to look at the historical maps, it was pretty blue when unions mattered more than social issues but it's just shrunken more and more to just to major cities (and athens), and they've gotten way deeper blue. Urban rural divide is fuckin HARD

> Born to be WillD wrote:

> It's wild to look at the historical maps, it was pretty blue when unions

> mattered more than social issues but it's just shrunken more and more to

> just to major cities (and athens), and they've gotten way deeper blue.

> Urban rural divide is fuckin HARD

My family moved from Maine to Ohio in 1840 and founded Maineville Ohio in 1850. I've got my family's old maps and there was a small town called pickleville and other towns that got absorbed into Loveland Ohio and South Lebanon Ohio. (edited)

EH 📣FCC of the QCB /

> Graham Motzing wrote:

> shitting on the midwest is like beating up your little brother, nobody

> else can do it.

>

> gotta be from here to talk shit, otherwise you're just a coastal

> l elitist fuck.

>

> glad to see everyone is getting along.

Truth….

An Ohio is a Mid-Atlantic state. Just saying………

Do I need to hide now?

To live in America it means you are free... free to say what you want and express your feelings and yourself without persecution... I have a set of truths and values but that doesn't mean I push them on others because we are all free to express ourselves and if someone doesn't like tucker lol doesn't mean it's something bad. To be judged by your own family here in America is bad.. we are all free to say how we feel without caring about being judged. I'm free to just not care about what others think and I'm not afraid to say what I want and don't want...

I blame Reagan

Jimmy Cincinnati /

Tucker for President! That 70's hair style needs to be main stream again

Ha, probably not much that would stand out in back and white. No worries, have a great trip over the holidays!

> Carrie Schreck wrote:

> Oh yeah I’m pretty much only Instagram my bad, I posted up a bunch there

> but I can take a look again - usually shooting black-and-white so hard

> to scan by color, do you remember what you were wearing?

> EH 📣FCC of the QCB wrote:

>

> An Ohio is a Mid-Atlantic state. Just saying………

>

> Do I need to hide now?

Geographically this is a fair argument, but as far as rust-belt culture? Id say its pretty Midwest

But I'm just gonna go with Maize here and say that we aren't real, GHOST STATE, SO SPOOKY!

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account