What crank for puch with 70cc arisal or athena

Tess Zacharias /

What would be a good crank for a 70cc arisal or Athena on a puch e50? A stuffed or a unstuffed crank? I wanted to use a unstuffed but im not sure I’m new at this I been on this page for days looking for info reading everything

Re: What crank for puch with 70cc arisal or athena

Two different animals right there. Go Athena for sure. Unstuffed race crank is great either way you go tho.

stuffed crank will be better for either of those kits. the transfers on both the airsal piston port kit and the athena kits (piston port or reed kit) are much larger then stock and will enjoy a mild case match like #2 shown in your previous post and a stuffed. crank.

BUT if you want an easy kitted setup, skip both of those and just go with the 44mm airsal kit. much smaller transfers, good power, can rev to 10k with a shorter pipe (for when you want to really test your skills!) and runs just fine on an unstuffed crank without a case match at all. it gets my little maxi to 45mph at 16x45 gearing and is honestly pretty fun to ride!

Tess Zacharias /

That’s a good idea thank you. What carb would you use will that kit cause i think that’s what I’m going to do

15mm bing, #1 grandpa intake and the stock airbox have been my setup of choice

Tess Zacharias /

Man I just sold my stock bing. I’ll buy another I guess. I hate when that happens. Thanks for all you help.

I love this page

> Tess Zacharias wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> Man I just sold my stock bing. I’ll buy another I guess. I hate when

> that happens. Thanks for all you help.

>

> I love this page

get a brand new genuine 15mm bing, no clones or used carbs and you’ll be on your way to having a blast in no time!

Tess Zacharias /

Ok cool thanks a lot I can’t wait to get this thing going

I love a good 15 or 16 Sha they are super easy.

Tess Zacharias /

Ill have to check them out for my stock maxi

> LSLB RXb wrote:

> 15mm bing, #1 grandpa intake and the stock airbox have been my setup of

> choice

This is my exact setup! With airsal 65cc.

Adam what jet size do you use?!? I use a 72 jet but it 4 strokes a little with stock airbox, seems better with mesh one.

As for the original question, if you keep the rpms low, and the stock crank is in good shape, the stock crank is fine.

Adam's bike is a highly tuned example, most people just slap them on and go 45 at <9000 rpm. Mine hasn't been touched in 3 years since I built it, I pull it out of the barn when friends are in town, fill it up with gas, that's about it.

i run a .70mm jet with the stock airbox and it’s like PERFECT.

revs clean to 9.8-10.2k rpms with a $55 techno bullet pipe :)

> LSLB RXb wrote:

> i run a .70mm jet with the stock airbox and it’s like PERFECT.

>

> revs clean to 9.8-10.2k rpms with a $55 techno bullet pipe :)

Haha I have techno bullet too! Same setup! Guess I was onto something awesome I'll try that! 🙏👍

To OP, I def recommend airsal. I did not case match, runs great (edited)

> bryan j. wrote:

> > LSLB RXb wrote:

>

> > -------------------------------------------------------

>

> > i run a .70mm jet with the stock airbox and it’s like PERFECT.

>

> >

>

> > revs clean to 9.8-10.2k rpms with a $55 techno bullet pipe :)

>

> Haha I have techno bullet too! Same setup! Guess I was onto something

> awesome I'll try that! 🙏👍

>

> To OP, I def recommend airsal. I did not case match, runs great

very cool, that pipe has some serious bang for the buck

and i’m basically at sea-level here in Boston, so as long as you are close to that you should be pretty close to my jetting sized too!

i run 16x45 gearing but once i rebuild this motor with a needle bearing crank, i’m gonna drop my gearing to like 14x45 and get this bike screaming :)

Tess Zacharias /

Cool cause I’d rather not have to case match if I can help it. I want to have the option later with a different kit. Also I don’t want to have a thinned out out case that will cause me air issues l. I’ve seen some cases will almost nothing left . And if I screw it up I’ll be so mad I have a good case and can’t seem to find another one that’s cheap

just saw your other post,

for one thing, if its performance related, you can post in the performance tuning forum, people tend to watch that more closely.

second, create a new thread over there with a title that will encompass your whole project like 'first kitted puch- 44 airsal' or something like that, then ask all your questions in the same place so that people can follow along with your build

third, i would hold off on the case matching this time around, i've built these airsals matched and unmatched and it really doesn't make much difference. If you do a good job you can run that bike for years before you need to fuck with it, and buy another bike if you get greedy for more performance.

Tess Zacharias /

O ok i did not know that thanks a lot. And that’s my plan then to just get a unstuffed crank and an airsal and leave the case alone I’ll figure out the carb later. But i will repost on there just to see what else people have to say.

I know if it wasn’t for all of you I’d still try it but it’s just insane how many parts there are for these puch mopeds

for sure, it can be overwhelming but there are certain 'recipes' that work well together and produce consistent results. If you put the right kit, carb, and pipe together and tune it right you'll get good performance, if you try to use parts that dont match with other parts, you can end up with something that is super hard to tune or runs poorly or wrecks itself.

the 15 bing, airsal 44 (some people call '65cc') and tecno bullet is a tried and true setup that is almost impossible to screw up.

Speaking of 'screwing it up' here is a super long and meandering thread where some guys like adam and myself drop a bunch of knowledge about setting up that kit and getting the most out of it:

https://www.mopedarmy.com/forums/read.php?6,4478353,page=1

its a long read but its really thorough and probably one of the best threads for a specific setup thats ever been posted on here.

> LSLB RXb wrote:

> i run a .70mm jet with the stock airbox and it’s like PERFECT.

>

> revs clean to 9.8-10.2k rpms with a $55 techno bullet pipe :)

The Bullet is a moped life hack, though its not as good as a BiTurbo, as that has 3-stars

i thought you guys were gonna use your elitist bourgeois fake moped dyno of oppression and settle the great bullet vs biturbo debate once and for all?

go with a stuffed crank, it won’t hurt and will be better in the future for when you go with a bigger kit or decide to casematch!

Tess Zacharias /

I will definitely get that bullet pipe and will definitely read that post

🦺🥇b to the MOPO 🚨🚨🚨 eff /

> Graham Motzing wrote:

> i thought you guys were gonna use your elitist bourgeois fake moped dyno

> of oppression and settle the great bullet vs biturbo debate once and for

> all?

Wrong club of awful gatekeeping cop lovers; MBC in Columbus has the elitist bourgeois fake moped dyno. Gold chains ONLY.

> Graham Motzing wrote:

> i thought you guys were gonna use your elitist bourgeois fake moped dyno

> of oppression and settle the great bullet vs biturbo debate once and for

> all?

Alas I was to busy shouting down decent and quelling the free flow of ideas to get around to that

> LSLB RXb wrote:

> > Tess Zacharias wrote:

>

> > -------------------------------------------------------

>

> > Man I just sold my stock bing. I’ll buy another I guess. I hate when

>

> > that happens. Thanks for all you help.

>

> >

>

> > I love this page

>

> get a brand new genuine 15mm bing, no clones or used carbs and you’ll be

> on your way to having a blast in no time!

I'm using the same set up as you, did nothing to the case. Unstuffed 15mm bing #1 grandpa but 17/45 and side bleed estoril and on the flat I'm 48.

Okay I'll steer you to the best one. Treatland has the 44mm super stroker crank. Do this one and forget the rest. Pair it with your new 70cc Treats reed kit especiale. This crank has .003" runout in other words better than a high enduro dirt bike. Power boost is very noticeable on the seat with it. Yes I run one on my Puch e50 with Treats reed kit. You can beat the hell out of it and it just won't give a fuck

> Satan Lucifer wrote:

> Okay I'll steer you to the best one. Treatland has the 44mm super

> stroker crank. Do this one and forget the rest. Pair it with your new

> 70cc Treats reed kit especiale. This crank has .003" runout in other

> words better than a high enduro dirt bike. Power boost is very

> noticeable on the seat with it. Yes I run one on my Puch e50 with Treats

> reed kit. You can beat the hell out of it and it just won't give a fuck

you realize every crank has different amounts of run out in different directions and i would say maybe 15-20 people on this whole forum have the tooling and knowledge of how to check for run out.

even a mailman dropping it could skew one crank to the next.

blanket statements about parts like this can be extremely misleading

Fair enough but the 44mm super stroker crank I purchased from Treats made a noticeable difference on the seat. I was just speaking from my experience. Mine did in fact have the runout measure in at .003" so my apologies if anyone misread my previous post. **And yes if the crank is handled rough during shipping it can affect the runout to some degree so I guess that means mine was likely handled with care when shipped**

thats good to know, i've got one thats going into a 45mm split port dmp/ajh/athena clone thing, quality looks pretty nice for sure. my biggest concern is always the quality of the big end bearing since thats the one thing that China tends to blow it on.

I feel like Rito/Top tend to use a higher quality big end bearing, but i don't actually have anything to base that on. The 44 mm crank is like 'mxd' or something branded, i think puchshop had them custom made, i couldn't find a country of origin anywhere to say if its china or taiwan.

that said, i've been running the cheapest of the cheap china vespa cranks for years now, some of them pretty hard, and haven't had one fail.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account