How to speed up my kinetic tfr

I was wondering if there was any more cheap ways or tuning techniques to speed up my tfr. I know of the performance parts at cosmomotors, but i would like to see how much i can get out of this bike before i put 90 bucks into it for a performance muffler .i bought the bike for 10 bucks from my friend who had crashed it and ahd no concept of hwo to working on it also he gummed up the carburetor and it stopped running so he thought it was junk. i have it all fixed up and running it hits about 30-35 mph. any help is greatly appreciated.

RE: How to speed up my kinetic tfr

I have a tomos that has about the same speed. I have heard you can get the exhaust port honed to a bigger size to further increase flow and if the stock pipe has a removable baffle in it, you can take that out. It will be a bit louder but probably not much. I am trying to think of a way to make a forced air cowl that goes to my carb, i think at the higher speeds the air will be forced into the carb, increasing the amount of carburetion going on, basically making it go faster. But i don't know how much speed would be gained in that, since it's a moped not a sports car. But that is a very cool concept. they have made speed kits, soon they should start to make intake blowers for mopeds.

swarm 'n' dstroy

Yea i have thought about that joel i have even cut some holes in a plastic piece right before the actual air filter which was prohibiting air. This seemed to speed up the moped once i had calibrated some of the screws on the carburetor to compensate for this.

Yea i have thought about that joel i have even cut some holes in a plastic piece right before the actual air filter which was prohibiting air. This seemed to speed up the moped once i had calibrated some of the screws on the carburetor to compensate for this. Maybe u could rig some sort of small fan up to the airfilter to force more air into the carburetor, then cailbrate the intake of gas in to the carb to compensate for this.

if only i had lots of money and a manufacturing company, i could make a device that makes the exhaust power a turbine that blows air in. but a fan is a good idea. i am going to study the tomos wiring diagram and find out where i could hook up a powerful motor and put a fan blade on there and put that inside a tube that feeds to the filter....

Yea thats waht i was thinking maybe just disconnecting your a horn or soemthing would do the trick, but although mopeds don't carry alot of power especially when all your ligths are on.

Reeperette /

Believe it or not, that is the literal description of what a turbocharger does.

Just to think about, etc.

-Ree

RE: Turbo or supercharger

To cram more mixture into the cylinder a turbocharger or supercharger is used to increase the intake air pressure.

A supercharger is belt driven from the crankshaft thus using engine power. The advantage is a relatively easy installation.

The turbocharger uses the "free" power of the exhaust flow to turn the turbine that spins the impeller to provide the boost. A turbo charger is more efficient from the standpoint of using exhaust gas for motive power, but the down side is the complicated exhaust piping that must accomodate it. Also a turbo needs oil pressure to lubricate and cool its bearings.

Jim

« Go to Topic — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account