Tube on for excess gas drains my main gas tank!

Damn i am soo frustrated now, i have only put 35 KM on my sup[ersport and already there are a few problems. I love the bike but the tube on the side, next to the carb and engine drains all the gas when i hit the switch to on or reserve! It stops pouring out when i turn the switch to off though, but it won't get better! Maybe the carb is flooded to the rim, and it just seems like it is all pouring out, but i don't think so. Please guys help me, i need this bike for work. I was stranded 17 miles away from home because of that problem! Thank you if you can help.

-Wyatt

Re: Tube on for excess gas drains my main gas tank

i need help please

I heard something once, about those Avanti's not having a big enough main jet....If you carb is flooding, while it's running, it is probably a dirty float pin...If it's flooding when it's on, maybe you need to shut off the fuel valve when your not riding it...

Did I say float pin, I meant float needle...Sorry.

Thank you, actually that was the problem, it isn't floating and is letting all the gas in. Thanks again crisis.

-Wyatt

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account