Motobecane Motor Mounts

One of the rubber motor mounts on my '77 Motobecane 50L is shot. Are replacement rubber mounts/bushings still available for my moped? If so, who carries them?

Re: Motobecane Motor Mounts

They might be. I would try calling Handy Bikes (800) 848-3078, as I know they have lots of new old stock Motobecane items.

simon

John custodio /

I just bought some from hanybikes. Talk to Bob Jones. He also tells me they are getting the rubber fork boots. John

Really? Awesome. I had talked to him years ago and he noted that those were nearly impossible to find. Glad to see he found a place to order them.

simon

John custodio /

According to Bob Jones he is able to get new Motobecane parts from India, apparently a company in India still makes Motobecane parts. I also found a place in turkey that still manufactures Mobylettes, and of course there is MBk in France. Unfortunately they are a long ways from us. Well back to Handybikes, Ebay & each other. John

Yeah, I think that place in India is re-manufacturing Motobecane parts on a pretty steady basis. I know that some things are different though - like the mufflers aren't chrome, their black. Either way, I'm glad their doing it. With UPS and Visa the world is small enough that as long as someone is making the parts, I'm happy.

simon

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account