Re: Hobbit Blog Post for Dummies

Yooo, thats awesome I thought I was the only one around here lol (besides people in sac). id be super down to ride, I got a shitbike pug ready to go. Fun fact, Ive actually seen all of your videos when I started getting into mopeds.

Haha that’s awesome glad someone is watching them ! I’m gonna start posting again here soon I’m working on a minarelli v1 with a vertical minarelli scooter kit .

Let me know when the Roseville ride is happening!

campeona del mundo /

my gf lives in pville...ill come out for a ride one of these weekends if ya'll give me enough heads up. (edited)

Another update of the bike/newbie learns the hard way....it runs! but before hand i'll let you know what I added. Mainly the intake, carb (28mm nibbi pwk (most likely going to go with something a little smaller)), and friction fitted a random giannelli pipe from my high revving 50cc pug. Timed to 2mm BTDC. The only issue i have is that the push starting is a little weird. I believe it may be the worn belt, but who knows...ill replace it anyway. Heres a little snip it, pls dont mind my busted ass drill starting

In the video, this is the first time starting it up. Didn't change anything with the carb like the idle/air/fuel mixture screws, just wanted to see if it would even start and it did. I believe it has a 115?120? main jet and a 32 pilot. Needle set in the middle. In the video you can hear me give it a millimeter of throttle and it immediately bogs lol, ill have to do my reading on tuning.

If you wanna keep a 28mm carb I have a 28mm mikuni flat slide you can have .

I think other hobbit boys are around 120-130 main jet size for s6 kits.

If you can't get it to run right I had to advance timing to 2.5-3mm to get it to run 'right'. That's with an HPI.

yooo, id be down, lemme get paid rq and ill be able to take it off your hands, do you have jets?

I don’t have jets for it unfortunately but just shoot me a text I send you a pm

operator error 696 420 /

Jet that thing way ducking higher! Like 160!

Let the bike idle for a few minutes on the choke, don’t just twist the throttle! (edited)

hi yall, the bike is up and running! it was relatively fast getting to this point cuz i basically had no idea what i was doing, but theres still a long journey of tuning.

some issues i had:

-one way bearing is shot (i think...it grabs on and off again)

-my clutch stall is not where it really should be, i have red malossi springs to engage at 7.5-8k but tach is reading around 3-3.5k, maybe its the tach idk.

-need a stronger contra spring, variating too early i think, currently running light weights (like 7? 6?) to counter act the stock spring, idk how to tune these drivelines so any input would be much appreciated.

-jetting is 130 main, 40 pilot, air mixture screw turned 2.5 turns out, the issue is that i have to throttle reeaaallly slow to have a stable climb into the powerband, not sure what it is, ill have to do more research, havent done any plug chops so ill have to pick up more plugs later to get any lead or starting point.

still waiting on mr. crank pipes to make the pipe so im running a gianelli black gun pipe atm.... dont mind it basically scratching the ground in the video

even tho i had no idea what i was doing**

I agree with joe about the transfers, i doubt you'll actually get the rated 20hp with the treats adaptor, im using the piaggio adapter welded up and spacing it. Olny downside is the driveline is weak compared to scooters and the trans input bearing will olny last so long also getting it to hold the rpm needed can really put some strain on it. Ive built a stg6 engine for a customer and widened the transfers 2mm along with the treats spacer opening it up a bit no prob. I would say more case volume is negligible considering how much this kit can flow but yeah dyno runs would be interesting.

20220125_100612.jpg

> the issue is that i have to throttle reeaaallly slow to have a stable

> climb into the powerband, not sure what it is

What is yer timing/Advance the timing

Or get clutch springs that bring you into the pipe.

Mine did the same thing. (edited)

Sounded real nice in that last video tho. Great work man.

Currently the timing is 2.6 BTDC, and it ran decent at HPI’s recommended 2mm. I need to get a more precise micrometer cuz the one im using doesn’t accurately find TDC. I got red malossi springs which are supposed to stall the clutch until around 7.5-8k. I think the pipe may be too small for the kit, but i do have a pipe coming from Ryan.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account