Adding pedals for California law

I have a QT50 that I'm thinking of adding pedals to make sure it cant be impounded if pulled over in CA. Has anyone done this silliness to their moped here?

406a src: https://leginfo.legislature.ca.gov/face/codes_displaySection.xhtml?sectionNum=406&lawCode=VEH (edited)

Re: Adding pedals for California law

It should be easier on a qt50 than most scooters. The qt50 has a steel rear hub with a little raised portion, weld a left side ISO/British bottom bracket cup on there and you've got a freewheel.

I convert all my scooters to mopeds for the law!

yea just put pedals on the footpegs and play dumb

by the time oyu're pulled over you're either fucked or not, it's way more up to the cop and each of your attitudes than anything actually related to the law

^^^^this. I have gotten out of plenty tickets by either playing dumb or other means of agreeing with the officer and promising to take care of what ever issue they had.

Terbo Speghetti /

A S A B

L C R A

L O E S

...O....T

...T.....A

...E.....R

...R.....D

...S......S (edited)

Totally normal JBOT /

I added working pedals to many bikes.

Did a Tomos revival pedal mod and to a scarabeo engined bike abortion I made.

But yeah, add some pedals, and if you get in trouble play ignorant. Biggest thing with cops is registration, and mirrors strangely enough lol. Then m class license and then lastly insurance.

Most CA cops have never even seen a moped plate. They’re always like, “wHerEs yOuR sticKeR?”

Fucking morons should know the law they’re supposed to enforce but they don’t and just rely on bullying and are thrilled if you are willing to feign submission to their ignorance. Fuck them

Totally normal JBOT /

BETTER NOT CATCH YOU ON THAT THING AGAIN AROUND HERE yeah fuck you idiot.

I got pulled over on my own fucking street going around the block with a plate. He lied and said I blew a stop sign when he was right behind me and I saw him, zero respect for these fucking tools

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account