Gadabout fork replacement

I'm looking to put some freshy forks on my Gadabout (very similar to a safari), but I'm not sure which ones would be best. I've been looking around on treats and it seems that a lot of puch/tomos forks might be a good fit. the measurements I got were ~235mm long for the head tube and ~25mm diameter on the threaded end.

It looks like a lot of the puch/tomos forks have a 26mm diameter, so then maybe I could just get a bigger head tube nut? I'm not quite sure what to go with, so I thought I'd check to see if anyone else has had experience with this.

Here's an image for reference:

moped-army-598c92dd63e8dd9b18e5b3dc8e15d200.jpg

Re: Gadabout fork replacement

If I remember correctly, I did this once by removing the fork tubes from the yolk by loosening the fork nuts on the sides and unbolting the two top bolts, the slid puch ebr tubes right in there and bolted them in and tightened the side bolts. Brake plate figment wasn't an issue because I put a puch snowflake on but those details you'll have to figure out on your own

Joel Jansen /

Ahh yeah I was thinking about just swapping out the fork tubes at one point. Doing a 17" puch snowflake in front would look sick.

I put the maxi beefed up forks on mine. I needed to reuse the cups you need to grind the threads out of the upper race to get it to fit, and get a threaded locking piece from a puch to tighten it down. It was nice because it ended up acting as the spacer which was needed anyway.

Snapchat-1611343476~2.jpg

Joel Jansen /

Beautiful

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account