My other two stroke is a sky moped

Just wanted to show my sky moped. Two stroke 185cc and air cooled.

E4CCCDA5-AF09-48CC-8904-E27F960EF01D.jpeg

Re: My other two stroke is a sky moped

how about a pic of the other side? what sort of throttle controls it?

Beach Club Nick /

My buddy has one of those, I was checking the motor setup and they're pretty cool. If I remember correctly the motor on his was Italian?

What happens if you still out?Is there a parachute?

It's already a parachute.๐Ÿ™„

Throttle is a hand held squeeze lever or a thumb lever. Unless you are chilling itโ€™s constantly in use to modulate your altitude and control your turns.

Engine is Vittorazi Moster. Carb is a diaphragm type no bowl. Will need to get a picture of the other side.

Yes you are basically on a parachute already. If your engine dies you have about 6 times your height to find a landing spot. With practice a 50 yard field is plenty provided no tall obstacles as you come in.

Para sail, SWEET! Always wanted to try that!

Kelikaku ืงื•ื˜ื™ืŸ /

I've been a follower of Tucker Gott for a few years, do you know of him?

This is so enthralling. Good luck with it!

campeona del mundo /

basically all the italian moped brands make engines for these. simonini is the real OG in paramotor space...not very popular anymore. polini and parmakit (minari) also make engines. oh and bidalot too

do you need a license to do this. Awesome! Is it hard to land?

campeona del mundo /

there is no licensing and it's essentially fully unregulated. you need to go to a paramotor school to learn which is a few thousand dollars. engine, prop, cage, harness and wing + flight school will run you about $10k. by far the cheapest way to fly. theoretically you could get all the gear used and make friends with someone to show you the ropes but playing fuck around and find out with gravity probably isn't the smartest (edited)

I can honestly say that it was not Tucker that got me into this. But he does get lots of younger folks interested.

I recommend training but there is no license needed in the US so you could solo if you are patient. But screwing up has real consequences.

Landings are technically the hardest part. But one way or another you are going to land. ๐Ÿ˜ณ Timing your flare and amount of brakes pulled is hard but as long as you get close itโ€™s not too taxing.

Landing from pilots view. Nice and easy good flare and easy run out. Hit a Thermal on final approach and got major lift for 2s:

Landing from side ground view. Pilot flared too high,glider ran out of energy and he stalled to the ground. Pilot ok, gear ok, but he had a headache from cage smacking him. He got wayyyy better after this.

Kelikaku ืงื•ื˜ื™ืŸ /

> campeona del mundo (supercharger pappardelle) wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

>... engine, prop, cage, harness and wing + flight school will run you about

> $10k. By far the cheapest way to fly. ...

Maybe I can save on air fare. How long does it take to fly one of those things from Brooklyn to Los Angeles?

Nice moped....

> ID OD wrote:

> Nice moped....

Or did you mean "WFFF"!!!

i would have a temp gauge and be ridiculously fixated on it

campeona del mundo /

> Born to be WillD wrote:

> i would have a temp gauge and be ridiculously fixated on it

imagine flying around with an engine bidalot designed... instant seize.

I'd assume the prop keeps the engine nice and cool.

> Peter v. wrote:

> I'd assume the prop keeps the engine nice and cool.

We can't forget that the higher we go the cooler it gets . ;)

I hike up the mountain behind my house all the time. I would love to jump off the top and fly back home. I hate hiking downhill anyways.

No motor for me, but do you know much about paragliding? Looks like a rig can cost as little as $2400 and have me soaring like next week.

Also, did you start with the motored vs or some other type of flying?

For sure. PG is spot on for what you want. Plenty of hike and fly setups that are meant to do what you want.

You would have to pay attention to weather and wind. Get trained, PG flying can be a bit more tricky. Light weight gear is available to make a nice light package.

Man that's great, there is a guy that does this a couple blocks from me, every now and then he cruises over my house at like 100 feet def a bit unsettling.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account