Re: Moped Camping - Touring?

> Kelikaku קוטין wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> I'm not going to post the link to the video right now. But the same

> RevZilla duo that rode the Honda 90, 1000 miles to Alaska, recreated the

> 'Dumb and Dumber' mini bike. They rode tandem on it from Nebraska to

> Aspen Colorado. It was hilarious to watch.

>

> "Revzilla: The Official 'Dumb And Dumber' Mini-Bike Road Trip, IRL -

> webBikeWorld"

> https://www.webbikeworld.com/revzilla-the-official-dumb-and-dumber-mini-bike-road-trip-irl

YT :

C90 adventures is a great channel as well

https://www.youtube.com/c/c90adventures/featured

It's always a looong wait in between videos but the guy has been riding for years and putting in tons and tons of miles. (edited)

anyone done bakers/pinball that carried all their own gear?

That dumb and dumber video is dumb as f#ck, love it.

Years ago there was a guy who went across the country and into Canada with a moby. I remember it being talked about on here and one day here in Maine I was driving and saw the guy all geared up cruising down the road. I wonder how many miles he did?

> Born to be WillD wrote:

> anyone done bakers/pinball that carried all their own gear?

I feel like there were more solo riders in the early years, and vaguely recall photos of loaded up mopeds, but I'm not sure. Pinball / bakers came about after I was out of mopeds (before coming back), so I wasn't paying much attention. Surely someone who was there remembers...

Not pinball levels but I just did the JustTheTip rally where we had to carry all of our camping supplies 100 miles and then back 100 miles. I didn’t have racks but others did and it was great.

0D2FE1F7-2B42-49A9-9F06-F086DA8ADAFD.jpeg

I should’ve taped my taillight lens on and researched campgrounds. Luckily a guy let me camp next to him.

E831183E-A18B-4E0B-BA8F-C4395B4D85FB.jpeg

Kelikaku קוטין /

> MPB Andyrew wrote:

> C90 adventures is a great channel as well ...

Thanks for that link.

Just got back from 8 days in the camper. When I first met my wife, I did backpacking and didn't even think car camping was legit but she's got me to switch sides. We camped in a tent out of the back of a Subaru for years, then bought a dilapidated pop up in 2015 and did a cool little resto job, this spring we finally saved up enough to buy this incredibly fancy (for my tastes) 20' trailer, and I bought the Chevy express 3500 lwb to tow it.

IMG_20220814_112702.jpg

It's kinda crazy, seems like a lot of money to drop like 30+k cash into this rig when I won't even buy myself a 200$ moped, but 8 days with no cell phones, no switch or ipad, just hanging out the 5 of us coming up with adventures and getting into mischief.

Once you have 2+ kids the amount of work to take them camping increases dramatically. Tent camping with 3 kids is miserable, even the pop up was just constant work for dad. This year with the camper we did 8 days and running hot water, stove, and nice dry beds and a place to hole up and play board games was totally worth it. We've already done like 20 nights this year, and I'm sure that will only increase, I think there's definitely a bit of a camper boom right now and there will be a lot of cheap campers for sale in the next few years when everyone realizes it sucks, but our family really likes it and it's a experience that totally justifies the cost and hassle.

Also; RE

My 11 and 6 year old boys love LOVE unadulterated no plans adventure time. You can plan shit and take them to camps and sports all summer but our best memories are always just doing some dumb random thing, like going fishing in the canoe after dinner or poking a dead crayfish with a stick.

hell yea, we got some friends with a cabin we spent a week in, the kids were having a real great time of it. if you think of it that way like a mobile cabin, that's fun, it could work. I'll surprise myself someday, who knows maybe

I would be all in on a camping / moped experience. Light trail riding would be a blast. Look that up in Chattanooga area after I fix up my Angel. Front and rear shocks seem pretty substancial. Can't wait to have some FUN! Michael

With warm weather they sell some pretty small sleeping stuff!

tiny cover

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account