Mj50

Nathan Dameron /

Are mj50 Towny kick start shafts the same as qt50s? Thanks for the help!

16524948686359154664868700607314.jpg

Re: Mj50

Kick start shaft is on the left (ignition) side of the engine right?

If yes, I think thats a safe assumption as the right(transmission) side is where all the big changes exist.

Also, QT50 shares nearly the whole engine with the PW50, so look for those too. (edited)

I would imagine so. I’m not inclined to pull mine apart just to find out. I would check the part numbers to see. Are the splines bad?

I believe it has the same rear gear ratio as the pw50, which is different from the qt50.

punkrock randy /

Nice, New London, isn’t that near Hannibal? We ain’t too far apart, I’m in Columbia and have a QT50 and an LC50G. Not positive on that kickstart shaft, but you’ve come to the right place for answers/ideas. 👍🏼🍻

Also you can get exploded diagrams of all of these bikes, and check the part numbers against one another.

Here's one site with the Towny images p/ns: https://www.cmsnl.com/yamaha-mj5oj-usa_model11316/partslist/#.YoFuBOjMIuW

Jimmy Cincinnati /

If you were near Cincinnati I would let you pull the parts you need from my parts towny

Steven Bolduc /

Very close as it's brother qt 50, there is small differences.

Man this is one funky looking bike. I can't decide if I love it or hate it. Good luck getting he back on the road.

OP, How does your frame look? Mine tried to break in half where the front tube is inserted into the rear section.

It looks like this guy is a one post and gone type.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account