I have a facespace for one more week

EH 📣FCC of the QCB /

So I had to make a profile because of being a DGR ride leader but I’m Like what I’m the fuck….move this to off topics of it need be but damn. Like too much nonsense.

The comments by people who have never done shit with bikes is crazy…… bla bla bla dont do that bla bla bla that won’t work…..like okay cool your biturbo maxi runs great 👍….ughr. I poking the bull in some shit but I may have snapped today….after weeks of lurking. I guess I’m old and don’t get it but fuck how do people stay on there. I resisted for about 4-5 weeks without posting but ugh I can’t hold back. I seriously can’t wait to delete my account. 16 years without one and looking forward to another 16 years. Moped Army > Facespace

Re: I have a facespace for one more week

Dirty30 Dillon /

Dude, it's a cesspool. I've been 12 years without and the shift from CL to marketplace almost gets me to sign up like every other month, but I see enough buffoonery second hand to know it would only push me into hypertension

I'm approaching a year without it. I really only miss marketplace... cause thats where everyone around here selns their mopeds. Though without it, I went ham on my magnum instead.

Yeah man I'm trying to buy a van right now so I'm on it here and there for market but fuck it's total brain poison.

I was off from like 2013-2019, then I got on for about a year but I'm trying to stay off now. Some people maybe can handle it but I can't.

It sucks for sure, and explains a lot of the dumbing down of our country. People who "live" on social media as a rule have very little idea what the actual world is about. I had an account in like 2012, "deleted" it. Went to open a new one to use marketplace when cl dropped off, and big shocker, all the info from my "deleted" account was right there waiting for me. Be careful what you post, it truly is forever.

Social media= a cancer on society.

I very very rarely use Facebook itself, maybe just as a place to keep photo timeline events. If you don't post anything, you don't get comments. I just keep it for Marketplace, now that is useful.

Not everything is terrible... there are always assholes in your life, this isn't any different.. just gotta sift through the shit! Lol

Totally normal JBOT /

Can I interject a lil fuck Facebook and suckerBerg here?

I wish he and fb could be flushed down a giant sized toilet.

EH 📣FCC of the QCB /

…okay so I’m not alone 🤣. Sunday May 22nd about about 5pm I’m getting off that shit. I’m one of those people that can’t handle it. Thought I could. How bad can it be….it’s bad. I’m going to stay right here and yell at the kids to get off my grass.

FB is like any other tool . It's useful , but , it gets misused too often .

Forums are social media as well, but we have the advantage of Simon being amazing and benevolent.

Sucks people post buy/sell over there, but I guess they can keep their rear fender chopped maxis over there and we can keep the Jackerz garbage bin stuff over here.

I've been off for 12ish years now. I couldn't imagine using it again. Craigslist dying and shifting to marketplace was a real hit though. Luckily you can still browse without a profile. And luckily my wife is nice enough to message anyone I want to get in contact with. I still have an instagram though, but that might go soon too. I feel like all I see now is ads.

> MPB Andyrew wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> I still

> have an instagram though, but that might go soon too. I feel like all I

> see now is ads.

Haha “algorithms”

Big same. My insta is basically messaging people when I don’t have their phone number.

instagram is owned by facebook. they are one in the same. i actually dropped instagram before facebook

Eric Davenport /

Marketplace and groups are the only reason to have it at all.

Dirty30 Dillon /

> Eric Davenport wrote:

> Marketplace and groups are the only reason to have it at all.

Not worth it.

campeona del mundo /

marketplace is the ultimate cesspool of garbage people trying to sell actual trash. i gave up on it so damn fast because dealing with the people on it (at least in the sf bay) was so unbearable that i just walked away with my tail between my legs lol. i'll just rock craigslist until there's nothing left. besides, after all these years of buying crap i'm finally starting to realize that 2-3 bikes are all i really need.

Hepatitis J [OFMC] /

So you're closing your Facebook account to start a blog here?

> P D wrote:

> FB is like any other tool . It's useful , but , it gets misused too

> often .

I think this is the most practical approach, I dont post on FB (besides my Instagram photos that get dual posted), but it is indeed a tool, and not using an available tool makes things harder, marketplace, and event organization.

Like it or not those two things are dominated by Facebook for now

just gotta ignore all the "here is my bullshit opinion that the world would be better with out" posts

Oh on a suggestion from Maize, I started a "Lovers Of SHA Carbs" page this morning, I was bored, we'll see how it goes

Yeah I told him that's a great idea, you can get tips on what kind of paint chips taste the best and where there are unattended public windows to lick from other SHA enthusiasts.

> campeona del mundo wrote:

> marketplace is the ultimate cesspool of garbage people trying to sell

> actual trash. i gave up on it so damn fast because dealing with the

> people on it (at least in the sf bay) was so unbearable that i just

> walked away with my tail between my legs lol. i'll just rock craigslist

> until there's nothing left. besides, after all these years of buying

> crap i'm finally starting to realize that 2-3 bikes are all i really

> need.

> Graham Motzing wrote:

> Yeah I told him that's a great idea, you can get tips on what kind of

> paint chips taste the best and where there are unattended public windows

> to lick from other SHA enthusiasts.

Dang guys this is not a SHA hate thread let’s please keep the discussion civil. Some SHAs are good boys.

SHAs are fine and anyone who thinks they aren't is bad at building and tuning.

I do not agree that Instagram and Facebook are the same. But they definitely are what you make and curate of them. It has been over a decade off Facebook for me as well. Same goes for wishing I could do marketplace since CL is so bad these days.

And I also agree with Adam. SHAs are the easiest carbs to tune. If you can't then that is a you problem, not a SHA problem.

Social media isn't much different than a hammer. You can build something awesome with a hammer, or you can use it to cave someone's head in. It's just a utensil.

The difference is that the human brain has been around the hammer long enough to understand how exactly to use it.

Jimmy Cincinnati /

I only have Facebook for market place, I don't even glance at my feed. As soon as the app opens I go to the marketplace option. Why is that overwhelming?

They should make a stand alone marketplace app, like messenger.

Haha yeah nothing wrong with an SHA it's more about the level of discourse from a FB group about shas. Like several steps below lovers of Tomo.

Yeah I still have it, I use it on a browser and go right to market.

It's definitely not a hammer, it's more like antidepressants... They have their use but they are engineered to fuck with your brain. It's hard to make decisions about something when the thing itself is fuckin with ya like that. Aside from marketplace and getting cheap barn finds from mee maw, I honestly don't see how it can have any use.

Oh yeah what jet should I run in my Sha? Is it a 68, maybe a 70? Wow holy shit that was hard thank God Facebook got me out of that jam. What a useful tool!

> Jimmy Cincinnati wrote:

> I only have Facebook for market place, I don't even glance at my feed.

> As soon as the app opens I go to the marketplace option. Why is that

> overwhelming?

Exactly this.

> Graham Motzing wrote:

> It's definitely not a hammer, it's more like antidepressants... They

> have their use but they are engineered to fuck with your brain. It's

> hard to make decisions about something when the thing itself is fuckin

> with ya like that.

Don't underestimate the amount of effort Meta (owning company for Facebook and Instagram) is putting into social engineering. Both environments are designed to be addictive.

then on top of this, if you're a dickhead to someone in person, you might get shamed or punched in the face. But on the internet, you're far away and protected by the virtual barrier. (edited)

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account