REAL HONDA DIO!

Picked up an imported Honda dio. I live in Los Angeles. Should I keep stock or make it an water cooled animal. This has an AF 18 engine. But the vin is AF27. Can anyone explain that?!🤣

A1DCE29E-1FBC-4534-9E11-73599DD8339B.jpeg
A2AF2B42-794F-47E2-8C6C-8840C378380A.jpeg
077BBEBF-6F41-4D1B-84C4-D1B608017946.jpeg

Re: REAL HONDA DIO!

Frame vin of AF27 is drum brake Dio 2.

Frame vin of AF18 is drum brake Dio 1.

Frame vin of AF25 is disc brake Dio 1 SR.

Frame vin of AF28 is disc brake Dio 2. (could be SR or ZX)

leave it stock, fix all the wear items (clutch stuff, variator stuff, pulley stuff, etc)

Frame vin AF18/AF25 Dio's have the small crank AF18 motor, Frame vin AF27/AF28 will hav the large crank AF18 motor.

what is the full motor vin.

also, this is a place for mopeds, not scooter.

Re: REAL HONDA DIO!

I Posted the DIO on here Because it’s rare. And thank you

1577E0AA-D98A-4DC2-B6A5-F978FD8C2BF2.jpeg

Re: REAL HONDA DIO!

WFFF

Re: REAL HONDA DIO!

Dirty30 Dillon /

Is it rare? I know like 20 people who have a near identical bike...

Re: REAL HONDA DIO!

I mean I would think so🤣you can only get them in Japan,India, and I think Canada🤣 but u can only import them after they have reached 21 years old

Re: REAL HONDA DIO!

The real DIO is dead @_@ hm²

Re: REAL HONDA DIO!

trust me its 25 years to import them.

the Dio you have is kind of rare I guess? but if you wanna talk about rare, talk about the Dio Baja XR. we had one. Or a Honda Beat. Those are pretty cool too. Hell I'm sitting next to a Honda Cabina right now. ever heard of one? It's got a windshield wiper. (edited)

Re: REAL HONDA DIO!

Speaking of rare Hondas…. I neeeeeeeed a zook before I’m dead. Need.

Re: REAL HONDA DIO!

Dirty30 Dillon /

Honda Squash or GTFO

Re: REAL HONDA DIO!

At 30mph a razz does the same speed though, so what gives??

72048717-9CDB-40BD-8161-EAAA6364E2A4.jpeg

Re: REAL HONDA DIO!

You can upgrade to 125-160cc

Re: REAL HONDA DIO!

If rare scooters are allowed I’ve got some dumb shit to share, lol.

Re: REAL HONDA DIO!

> Thomas TPRF wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> If rare scooters are allowed I’ve got some dumb shit to share, lol.

May be not allowed, but you can't dangle the carrot like that!

Re: REAL HONDA DIO!

But dios them selfs are rare in the states😁😁

Re: REAL HONDA DIO!

> Hud Mel wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> But dios them selfs are rare in the states😁😁

Not as rare as this…

2F9D25AC-F746-4537-B593-C5A67DA8A0EE.jpeg

Probably about on par with this….

DFD24D69-6FAB-4E4B-826D-A0A7F9E6EF6E.jpeg

But at least the first one has a moped engine.

Re: REAL HONDA DIO!

That exhaust has been sitting… nice and Smokey

Re: REAL HONDA DIO!

punkrock randy /

My buddy has a Tact, that thing rips pretty good🤘🏼

92635305-B60B-4C3A-947A-7BC2C7831A87.jpeg
9F91046A-6592-4B31-AB36-7EEF31A0F19C.jpeg

Re: REAL HONDA DIO!

Dirty30 Dillon /

All hail the scooter ped.

IMG_20210521_143506.jpg

Re: REAL HONDA DIO!

that velocifero is no joke

Re: REAL HONDA DIO!

Blake Totally a real doctor /

Ooh scooter peds. Love those.

20220425_182234.jpg
Resized_20211006_101749.jpeg

Re: REAL HONDA DIO!

One day I’ll have one of these….

A6A6CFA8-C670-4219-9E74-F60038701048.jpeg

Then get nutty and build it up with an over the top Quattrini engine and seriously have the fastest moped at the rally.

Re: REAL HONDA DIO!

> Dirty30 Dillon wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> All hail the scooter ped.

> >

What is that? Looks like a Vespino engine like my Gilera.

Re: REAL HONDA DIO!

Dirty30 Dillon /

> Thomas TPRF wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> > Dirty30 Dillon wrote:

>

> > -------------------------------------------------------

>

> > All hail the scooter ped.

>

> > >

>

> What is that? Looks like a Vespino engine like my Gilera.

Motovespa Delta, very similar to your Gilera, I'm dropping my motor for seals and gaskets this week hopefully. I posted that petcock in your other thread on account of knowing the similarities.

Re: REAL HONDA DIO!

Dirty30 Dillon /

> Thomas TPRF wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> One day I’ll have one of these….

>

> Then get nutty and build it up with an over the top Quattrini engine and

> seriously have the fastest moped at the rally.

I'm building my smallframe up this winter, once I do a rebuild on my Lambretta Cento. Not quattrini, but long stroke polini or Malossi setup. Still haven't decided on my route.

Re: REAL HONDA DIO!

> Dirty30 Dillon wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> > Thomas TPRF wrote:

>

> > -------------------------------------------------------

>

> > One day I’ll have one of these….

>

> >

>

> > Then get nutty and build it up with an over the top Quattrini engine

> and

>

> > seriously have the fastest moped at the rally.

>

> I'm building my smallframe up this winter, once I do a rebuild on my

> Lambretta Cento. Not quattrini, but long stroke polini or Malossi setup.

> Still haven't decided on my route.

I did a 135 Malossi kit on my v90. I can’t tell you how much difference it’s made since I now need to do the clutch.

Re: REAL HONDA DIO!

> Thomas TPRF wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> > Dirty30 Dillon wrote:

>

> > -------------------------------------------------------

>

> > > Thomas TPRF wrote:

>

> >

>

> > > -------------------------------------------------------

>

> >

>

> > > One day I’ll have one of these….

>

> >

>

> > >

>

> >

>

> > > Then get nutty and build it up with an over the top Quattrini engine

>

> > and

>

> >

>

> > > seriously have the fastest moped at the rally.

>

> >

>

> > I'm building my smallframe up this winter, once I do a rebuild on my

>

> > Lambretta Cento. Not quattrini, but long stroke polini or Malossi

> setup.

>

> > Still haven't decided on my route.

>

> I did a 135 Malossi kit on my v90. I can’t tell you how much difference

> it’s made since I now need to do the clutch.

Just let it slip to 5 grand and blip the throttle & stay on the pipe

Re: REAL HONDA DIO!

punkrock randy /

https://springfield.craigslist.org/mcy/d/springfield-1980-vespa-p200e/7483246346.html

Check this Thomas, just seen this beauty on CL this morn😍

Re: REAL HONDA DIO!

Dirty30 Dillon /

> 666 420 wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> > Thomas TPRF wrote:

>

> > -------------------------------------------------------

>

> > > Dirty30 Dillon wrote:

>

> >

>

> > > -------------------------------------------------------

>

> >

>

> > > > Thomas TPRF wrote:

>

> >

>

> > >

>

> >

>

> > > > -------------------------------------------------------

>

> >

>

> > >

>

> >

>

> > > > One day I’ll have one of these….

>

> >

>

> > >

>

> >

>

> > > >

>

> >

>

> > >

>

> >

>

> > > > Then get nutty and build it up with an over the top Quattrini

> engine

>

> >

>

> > > and

>

> >

>

> > >

>

> >

>

> > > > seriously have the fastest moped at the rally.

>

> >

>

> > >

>

> >

>

> > > I'm building my smallframe up this winter, once I do a rebuild on my

>

> >

>

> > > Lambretta Cento. Not quattrini, but long stroke polini or Malossi

>

> > setup.

>

> >

>

> > > Still haven't decided on my route.

>

> >

>

> > I did a 135 Malossi kit on my v90. I can’t tell you how much

> difference

>

> > it’s made since I now need to do the clutch.

>

> Just let it slip to 5 grand and blip the throttle & stay on the pipe

Ugh

Re: REAL HONDA DIO!

> 666 420 wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> > Thomas TPRF wrote:

>

> > -------------------------------------------------------

>

> > > Dirty30 Dillon wrote:

>

> >

>

> > > -------------------------------------------------------

>

> >

>

> > > > Thomas TPRF wrote:

>

> >

>

> > >

>

> >

>

> > > > -------------------------------------------------------

>

> >

>

> > >

>

> >

>

> > > > One day I’ll have one of these….

>

> >

>

> > >

>

> >

>

> > > >

>

> >

>

> > >

>

> >

>

> > > > Then get nutty and build it up with an over the top Quattrini

> engine

>

> >

>

> > > and

>

> >

>

> > >

>

> >

>

> > > > seriously have the fastest moped at the rally.

>

> >

>

> > >

>

> >

>

> > > I'm building my smallframe up this winter, once I do a rebuild on my

>

> >

>

> > > Lambretta Cento. Not quattrini, but long stroke polini or Malossi

>

> > setup.

>

> >

>

> > > Still haven't decided on my route.

>

> >

>

> > I did a 135 Malossi kit on my v90. I can’t tell you how much

> difference

>

> > it’s made since I now need to do the clutch.

>

> Just let it slip to 5 grand and blip the throttle & stay on the pipe

I wish, problem is I open it up at any RPM and the clutch slips. The Simonini pipe is sexy and makes sure I stay on smooth pavement.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account