Cover for QT50

I recently restored a QT50 - all shiny and looking new. I also have a yamaha SH50 Riva Razz (scooter) about the same size.

I keep them in the garage where allot of woodworking/sawdust is happening, and I piece of plastic tossed over them.

I am thinking it might make sense to get cheap covers, and have looked at Amazon and seen "small" motorcycle covers that are about 20" longer than needed, and also seen gas grill covers that are about the right size.

Has anyone found a cover for bikes these size that they like? I'd like to stay sub $30. Nothing special, won't be used outdoors.

Jim

Re: Cover for QT50

Grill covers work great, both in and outdoors.

Dirty30 Dillon /

When I was in the city I would buy the cheapest bicycle cover from Amazon, 5 at a time lol. Theyre easy and effective. Any slightly oversized issue is quickly fixed with a bungee cord, or my favorite technique of simply tying the excess at one end into a big knot.

Jim Bishop /

thank you guys, I hadn't even thought of a bicycle cover. Ordered up a super cheap one to try out! If it works, I'll get another.

Jim

Back when I had to store my bike outdoors, I used a plastic sheet that I think was sold as painters drop cloth.

I keep my Towny in the garage under a fitted sheet.

Jim Bishop /

> Den 23 wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> I keep my Towny in the garage under a fitted sheet.

what a great idea, never would have thought of that. I bought one cheap bicycle cover and it works fine, but maybe I'll try a fitted sheet for the other. I imagine that a twin (smallest) would be best.

As it turns out, I have the bikes at my cabin (upstate NY), stone/dirt roads, and it's been real dry, so they are very dusty. Not sure what good the cover is going to do if I actually ride them! :)

Jim

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account