Eleteic malagati

Rosario Miller /

Well I just picked thus bad boy up off marketplace. I have never had a "eletric vechile so I'm excited.

The frames a 77 malaguti.

I have no idea about the electronics but as soon as the battery charges I'll find out if it works.

I paid 225$ does that sound fair if it works ?

20220505_193558.jpg
20220505_193616.jpg
20220505_193602.jpg

Re: Eleteic malagati

Rosario Miller /

It works!!! Need to clean up the wiring but it works

Thats super rad! I have been wanting to build a hub electric moped for ever. but I have too many other projects.

I bet that battery is half full of sand. . . If your range is not what it should be I would look into a different battery. I believe that brand is known to use fake cells full of sand.

(edited)

Beach Club Nick /

Yeah those stickers that look like that are never accurate at all. Be careful charging that battery pack indoors

Ha yea i was gonna say the same. that 12000 is total BS. Hows it go? I'd guess you're probably around 30mph w/ 5 mile range?

Still, it looks pretty good for how simple and that's insane cheap w battery included, hell yeah

looks like a poorly painted baretta frame, cool bike though!

You guys know those Lime scooters everywhere?

Those have really nice batteries and you can buy them from ebay or police auctions. . .

Rosario Miller /

Update.

Further research the battery definitely is sketchy. I left it charging overnight and it went smoothly ( won't do that again)

I got a top speed of 29.57 mph wich felt way faster. The bike has a huge rear tire so when every I go over a bump it scraps the tire. I need to figure out a way to lift the rear end up.

Who ever painted it did a piss poor job. All the bolts and forks and shocks are sprayed over to. I think it was just a spare of the moment decision.

Lastly the wiring and control unit need some cable management, the wire is super sime but very messy

I'm about to go on a 8 mile trip wish me luck!

> CORN PED wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> You guys know those Lime scooters everywhere?

>

> Those have really nice batteries and you can buy them from ebay or

> police auctions. . .

Hey do you have any more detail on this? I bought one off ebay, it's just the 32V battery, I can't find a charger and it seems to have some proprietary BMS maybe? that or I just dont understand whats in there. I might just reweld the batteries to a bigger pack and do my own BMS but it's got a nice lil metal case with it, be kinda cool to utilize.

I guess it's just not that easy cuz you gotta do some making the parts work with other parts. But maybe it is and i'll be honest I barely know what I'm doing, but I'd love to find some help on how to use these

I like it. You should make a crank hanger that bolts on where the old motor went so you can have pedals to put your feet on.

Rosario Miller /

I forgot to mention no footpegs.

I have one of those shifty amc moped that I may steal the crank off of.

Here's what the bike currently looks like now. Getting ready for fresh paint.

20220506_163758.jpg

Nice! This is gonna be cool

> Born to be WillD wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> > CORN PED wrote:

>

> > -------------------------------------------------------

>

> > You guys know those Lime scooters everywhere?

>

> >

>

> > Those have really nice batteries and you can buy them from ebay or

>

> > police auctions. . .

>

> Hey do you have any more detail on this? I bought one off ebay, it's

> just the 32V battery, I can't find a charger and it seems to have some

> proprietary BMS maybe? that or I just dont understand whats in there. I

> might just reweld the batteries to a bigger pack and do my own BMS but

> it's got a nice lil metal case with it, be kinda cool to utilize.

>

> I guess it's just not that easy cuz you gotta do some making the parts

> work with other parts. But maybe it is and i'll be honest I barely know

> what I'm doing, but I'd love to find some help on how to use these

I just bought a charger off amazon for $13. I use them on Razor dirt bikes. They rip dicks. I have 5 of those batteries. 1 for my MX350 which is now overvoted to 36v Lion from 24v SLA. and I have 2 in parallel on my MX650 for longer run time.

Capture.JPG

They are great!

That is the best video!

Rosario Miller /

Update 2

Painting went pretty bad I tried using this overpriced shit that was color changing it looks great but has no durability. Still need to get the front wheel painted.

Also I added a headlight off a old amf moped and it looks sweet on it.

Now for range I just completed a 22 mile trip that was fairly aggressive.That seems to be about right for my battery and motor. I'm more then happy with the range the only problem is it takes for ever to charge.

This thing rips thru mountain bike trail, I plan on upgrading my suspension and brakes (really needs brakes). Also still need to get some foot pegs welded on. I know technically this thing should probably shouldn't be on public bike trails ,but no one said anything yet. I plan on only riding week days where it's not busy

20220510_121702.jpg

Why can't it be on bike trails? It doesn't even have an engine on it that would technically get you the boot off of a trail. Ride it past mtn bikers on a weekend. Have fun with it.

Depends on the place, mtb trails its def bad etiquette to go blasting thru at 25 on electric power. Maybe like pedal assist is vaguely acceptable but it's still kinda selfish.

I put a pedal crank thru on my first mopEV, easy to align and drive the sprocket on those hub motor wheels

Also I take it back onthe bs, if that can make it 20 miles on 12 Ah you're either limited to like 500w or that battery is better than it claims

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account