Moped Shipping

I’ve seen people use uship but trying to find a cheaper way to ship a moped from NJ out to Seattle. If I have to take it apart that’s fine, but trying to keep cost down and looking for recommendations. Thanks!

Re: Moped Shipping

Perfect timing, I just shot a vid last night on how to ship a moped cross country for $100. I'll get it edited and upload it tonight. (edited)

Awesome, thanks!

BOOM. Here ya go

Thanks man that was great, much appreciated.

Woo yeah spread the word, I posted about this a few months ago and nobody believed me so I had to make a vid, thanks for letting me crash your channel Maize!

Can I crash a thread an ask a question about crashing youtube channels?

I don’t do anywhere near enough work to produce content for a channel, but if I happen to do something unique and capture that, would you guys that do have channels (Maize) want to see what I got and consider hosting it?

I think it would be cool if I could support a channel by doing that or maybe just send the idea and some stuff to make your own production about something. Like, not too long ago I made custom length spokes, laced and trued wheels. Seems like something others might like to know but I can’t make good videos and would have zero audience.

> Papa _ wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> Can I crash a thread an ask a question about crashing youtube channels?

>

> I don’t do anywhere near enough work to produce content for a channel,

> but if I happen to do something unique and capture that, would you guys

> that do have channels (Maize) want to see what I got and consider

> hosting it?

>

> I think it would be cool if I could support a channel by doing that or

> maybe just send the idea and some stuff to make your own production

> about something. Like, not too long ago I made custom length spokes,

> laced and trued wheels. Seems like something others might like to know

> but I can’t make good videos and would have zero audience.

ABSOLUTLY!

I would love to throw stuff up. I could even make a playlist or channel for other peoples videos or something.

The custom spoke thing is awesome. I have no idea how to do that math to make custom length spokes.

Graham has made a couple videos. He shoots them, edits them, and sends me the edited video. I color grade it a little, do some adjustments, add some music and throw it up.

I would have gone over to his house but I started my channel during heavy lockdown covid so I was alone in my garage. Now I would me down to go a reasonable distance to help film/make videos.

I actually have thought about shipping a moped to my parents in Florida and then taking one there on vacation too.. And at the same time looks like that would fit in the trunk LOL would be me taking apart and me putting together on the other side.

Yeah this was actually a totally junk tomos that I am scrapping out, frame is fucked, I just did this for the video.

I wasn't being super careful, if it's a bike that I really care about, I'll use some cheap HF moving blankets, shrink wrap, and really pack it up nice. Mostly I just wanted to prove to people that it's not hard or expensive to ship a moped. Even with filming and a few stuck bolts the whole thing took less than an hour.

I'm building a mini-motron right now that I'm actually designing to fold up and go in a custom shipping case, like a roadie case so I can mail it to myself at rallies. Tube frame bikes are definitely easier because you can pop the tank off and flip it up to drain it.

campeona del mundo /

having shipped a few things over the years (a handful of those things being complete mopeds including a ds50 lol) just be extra cautious of the weight and dimensional limits of the shipping provider you choose. fedex has recently lowered their weight limit (now there's a surcharge over like 60lbs or something) and a lot of other carriers followed. also some have limits on your box dimensions.

this is a really good option for crapper-decent ish mopeds. it becomes waaaay too risky and labor intensive for super clean/pristine/fancy bikes. you'll need to pack the shit out of everything and send a LOT of parts in separate boxes to minimize the chance of damage. then it ends up being closer to $200-250.

remember, the larger and more annoying the box is, the more it's going to beat rolled, lobbed, kicked etc as it goes from dropoff/pickup location -> hub -> truck -> train -> truck -> hub -> LMD. so pack em well and you're good.

Great tips, yeah I wish I had mentioned the fact that they will be really crabby if stuff comes poking out, if something shifts and your box gets fatter, or if you try to cheat the weight and size.

I've shipped wheels separate before just to make it easier to pad/pack the frame, it's not a lot more expense and the frame is way safer.

I have shipped a bunch of mopeds like this. I found the perfect box is a Kids fat tire bike box. I worked next to Erik's Bike shop warehouse and Adam from Trey Rayos was the warehouse manager there so I was getting boxes regularly

john cervini /
20220502_083828.jpg

Great information. I can say from experience that shipping a top tank properly so nothing moves takes alot more work. This tsm took 3 boxes to pack it safely.

Great!!

Andrew Snowberger /

By this method, would shipping a ciao run somewhere around $80? It should fit in one box

not sure if anyone has considered it but greyhound ships terminal to terminal, for almost dirt. shipped a set of racing seats from MI to NJ for about $100. fedex was triple due to size.

They used to be cheap but I think during COVID they jacked prices way up

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account