What type of rider are you?

Re: What type of rider are you?

i guess i'm time optimized/daily.

i don't care too much about temperature, but i can't stand roadway contaminants (ice/snow/water/sand). if the surface is clean + dry it's two wheels for me.

that said, my commute is only 7 miles each way, so by the time i start chattering with hypothermia i've arrived.

I am all except the time saver one. That doesn’t even make sense because I ride slow and take time to put on/take off riding gear. So, riding takes more time than caging.

My bikes are for going everywhere and for fun too. Mind blowing that a dual sport hasn’t replaced most of what I have because that would suit me quite well.

🎨🏆 Duncan /

Time-for-me rider for sure. It’s always been about an escape and even if commuting or hanging out w others I feel my time in mopeds is (at best) therapeutic, as I seek to pursue my own goals in this hobby instead of always having to solve other peoples problems in my work. Doesn’t mean I don’t like helping others w mopeds, but that’s why I identify with “time-for-me”

I'd have to say I'm a Lifer .

My first non-human powered bike was my 1957 Simplex . I bought it back in 1964 . Been riding 'powered' bikes since .

At times a bike was my only transportation , 4 seasons a year in Michigan .

guess im an escape rider/builder... have taken it to work and everyone gets a kick outta of it, grown ass man on moped pulling up to fix helicopters is pretty satisfying. Have about 2 hours before my wife and daughter come home on nice days cruise around the neighbors aimlessly for about an hour trying to replace years adrenaline of dangling out of a helicopter but this time its replaced with dodging soccer moms blowing through stop signs on there phones. last hour i use to tinker with 1 of 3 bikes that aren't completely road worthy who knows when they'll get back on the road but its fun some what affordable and wife could careless about treat orders

🇮🇹💦 Of the Loin /

I used to be unconditional, now it's multimodal

I'm on my bicycle more than anything

Dirty30 Dillon /

I'm 100% Time-for-me now, and it allows me to be a better owner/maintainer for sure.

A mix of "time for me" and good vibe seeker. Used to commute via moped, but current job is too far, i just like to ride around town to relax these days, been riding legally since I was 15, plan to keep it going as long as I feel safe to.

Good vibez only, everything in my city is more easily reached by bicycle so I only use mopeds for longer unnecessary rides.

Gonna just say I'm a lifer. I love bikes. Never got into motorcycles because they can go fast, and I want to go fast. So, I'm alive today and can type this out due to never having owned a motorcycle. I have enough close calls on a bicycle or moped.

I commute to work on my bicycle (5 miles each way, rain or shine) almost every work day. Mopeds are for fun, and my primary outlet for that fun is in group rides. Solo riding doesn't really do it for me.

Lifer!

35-50 miles daily for over 20 years!

Scoot / Moped / eBike :) hm²

punkrock randy /

Definitely a lifer and good times rider. I’ve got my work van 💯 of the time so it gets the most of the seat time😕🤦🏼‍♂️ But once off work, it’s 2 wheels 98 percent of the time

me? builder. I spend way more time building dumb shit than riding anything, my commute is short, I dont have much time for real rides on the weekends, I ride with friends and build the dumbest shit i can think of.

of the list, probably tactician

I dont really ride in the winter (tho more for fear of salt than fear of cold) and I prefer a bicycle for commuting if it's nice out. I drove today cuz it's cold n rainy. but gimme a good day when i'm lazy, i ride whatever is in the garage and wants to start

Dominik Dusic /

I usually pick the streets and roads I have never went to

In my opinion mopeds are meant for small tight places streets outside of town

I got a new job recently, and I commute by bicycle almost every day. We'll see how this plan survives winter. Riding in the rain doesn't bother me at all, I only drive in when there's an errand I need to run after work that's either not reachable by bicycle (due to our terrible car-centric infrastructure) or where I need to haul more than I can fit in my panniers. I *could* ride a moped to work, but I prefer to get a little exercise, and my bicycle route is pretty and enjoyable.

So yeah, mopeds are strictly for fun, and for me that means group rides. Riding alone feels pointless.

> b to the eff wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> I got a new job recently, and I commute by bicycle almost every day.

> We'll see how this plan survives winter. Riding in the rain doesn't

> bother me at all, I only drive in when there's an errand I need to run

> after work that's either not reachable by bicycle (due to our terrible

> car-centric infrastructure) or where I need to haul more than I can fit

> in my panniers. I *could* ride a moped to work, but I prefer to get a

> little exercise, and my bicycle route is pretty and enjoyable.

>

> So yeah, mopeds are strictly for fun, and for me that means group rides.

> Riding alone feels pointless.

yea same, i think this falls into "tactical"

Solo for fun mostly. Riding in a pack is cool, and I enjoy it. But no riders in Dayton anymore so I don’t worry about it, and just ride my stockers when and where I want.

> Jay Rivett wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> Gonna just say I'm a lifer. I love bikes. Never got into motorcycles

> because they can go fast, and I want to go fast. So, I'm alive today

> and can type this out due to never having owned a motorcycle. I have

> enough close calls on a bicycle or moped.

There are slow motorcycles. My BMW is way slower than most mopeds. It can eventually top out at 70 on the highway and maintain that for half a day before filling up and doin it again for decades. But it is really slow. I might say a big, stupid slow bike like that is much safer than a moped. Not nearly as much fun.

You know me, Larry, I'm a long rider. Unless quick trip to Circle K for coffee or food, I usually go for at LEAST a 50 mile ride when I go. I don't ride over 30-35 mph mostly.

Trouble is, I ride less now that I'm retired.

Nothing relaxes me more than riding on country roads.

Lifer. Also includes time for me and good vibe seeker.

I'm only happy on 2 wheels with an engine.

I eat, drink, sleep, live and love motorcycles.

Owned 2 brand new motorcycles in 4 years before my first car.

I rode a motorized bike daily for 3 years no matter the weather. Then I got a car. And now I have a car and a moped. So as long as the weather is dry and above 45ish... im on my moped

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account