Re: Small rant about moped clubs

I've always been mostly a lone wolf no club type. I do belong to two clubs. A vintage Vespa club and a Model T club. I don't even own a Model T, but met several club members at a local car show. They were so impressed by my interest and passion for these vehicles they let me join anyway. I have been an auto mechanic for 40 years, and it was/is a blast being able to work on and drive these things. They are as basic as it gets. 100% mechanical. Same for vintage Vespas. Also, members of these clubs tend to be my age (62) or older. I am too old to fit into most clubs mostly made up of teenagers.

I have always had a love for mopeds, I got my first one at age 16. I love their simplicity and mechanicalness. Same goes for vintage motorcycles. Some of the antics of Moped Army branch members kind of rub me the wrong way, but they are doing their thing, and I don't see anything wrong with that. Freedom is what life is all about, IMO.

Oh, and being rich or having a job doesn't make you special either. I've had a job all my adult life, up until last year, when I retired. But it was nothing special. Just a way to make a living. I've never had any desire to be rich. Most rich people tend to be miserable.

It's really that I like the old label on Motul's 10W40 Transoil expert, the new label kind of sucks. I love that oil and have ran it in about every moped I've had. Even their 2t oils are great, might get their 800 off-road again when I finally get the chance to get rid of the Saber. Not that I'm hating on Saber either. I know that now I have my Jammer on, it says to use a certain oil, but fuck that I stand beside Motul's products just because I've used them for years and have not one complaint about them.

Tri-ped Dave O.D.B. /

I would not have anything to do with any club that would have someone like me as a member.

> Tri-ped Dave O.D.B. wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> I would not have anything to do with any club that would have someone

> like me as a member.

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

> like me as a member.

Groucho Marx

> like me as a member.

Did you steal that feom Mark Twain or Will Rogers?

" ^^ Groucho Marx

We are Legion (LGN), all hail Caesar.

We love stickers, be gone you pitiful Courier.

Crossvalley Tonysieze /

stickers def made my bike go faster so i dunno what youre talking about op.

loosen up those nuts a bit, just ride your moped!

also- clubs make this all more ridiculous and fun :)

i also dont know any moped clubs in beverly hills, so not sure who you're riding with? lol was it me? was i judgmental? or were you just weird and are projecting.. . ok you cant be in our moped club anymore. lol jk - we're kidddddding sheesh

I just miss the Baltards, I still have my back patch from when I was a scout for them. I don't know if not putting it on a vest pissed them off or not, I just wanted the green light to represent them, even though I wasn't a full member. It was either them, or wanting to be a Hells Satan. We're talking YEARS ago though, now it's just mopeds and wanting to be around cool and rad people that know what I'm talking about for once.

Mopeds are just for fun. Have fun why don’t ya.

EH 📣FCC of the QCB /

> Ty 🏍 wrote:

> Mopeds are just for fun. Have fun why don’t ya.

Ugh that is a lot of pressure. Could we just agree to “try” and have a good time?

Mopeds have always been “FUN”

Been on the streets since i was literally 12. It was a life changing experience 4 a 7th grader 2 go wherever/whenever lol. I loved it.

& even much funner with a group of friends.

I love EVERYTHING. Mopeds/Harleys/Dirtbikes. They’re all FUN. Used 2 race BMX (mainly). & MX on my off days. (Cycleland & marysville 😉)

But 4sure. I see what U mean tho Duncan. about some little dick Whimp mopeder with a smartassmouth & a attitude lol. I find it bizarre. Ever since i can remember coming on here (mid 00’s waaaayy before i joined)

Every other thread. Someone would Ask a question. Or just be logged in lol. & some would help & be very nice. & some would be talking s**t. & going out of there way 2 be a prick. Ugh. Literally the worst. Of jr high type shit lol.

all depends on were your @ i guess.

I know Most people here have been very nice & helpfull. & some people? Not so much lol. .

Ride On. ,Zakk (edited)

I've never had a club of my own or was really in one outside of being a scout for one for a while, I learned pretty early on not to take it that serious but after 14 years I kind of did. I don't think I've really had that much issues outside of people that I just didn't vibe with. Would I trade those 14 years for anything? Probably not, there was always something that stuck with me, and I'll never forget being brought to a moped rally in Richmond after being picked up in some ones van that I didn't even know at 3am on a humid summer morning. I actually almost bailed when we went to 7-11 on the way, true story.

If you arent having fun with mopeds—you are doing it wrong.

Club's role is essentially to serve their local community.

> Upjet Cause wrote:

>

> Club's role is essentially to serve their local community.

Very much in agreement with this. I see a club as the elimination of the hurdle of one person organizing everything around riding or hanging out. Not saying there aren't people who love that kind of stuff, but some people don't want to deal and just need an outlet to enjoy a hobby.

I've never had a lot of people around that were into mopeds like I am, no one to wrench with or anything. After all this time and that I'm not an 18 year old kid any more but an almost 32 year old man makes me think sometimes if I want to continue, or just say it's been a long 14 years and hang it up(crazy it's been that long). The community aspect and how I was welcomed with open arms is what attracted me to this, then find out that there's common ground in not just mopeds but with other things too. Y'all did A LOT for me that didn't have to be done, I always felt included and like there was going to be no shit from anyone, and I was let to have a good time for once.

I couldn't get people riding, I couldn't get people interested and I was and still am kind of alone.I don't really hit up other people much any more because I feel like a bother and that I have an apparent bad reputation and probably am not wanted around. I mean, I've had a lot of stupid shit I've dealt with, and some of was deserved for not having my shit together, but the other shit was kind of damaging and made me feel like I was getting pushed away from the community. It seems like the past can be dead and buried, but I always feel that I have some snakes in the community who want me gone even though I'm not that involved any more and Richmond was the biggest shitshow I've ever been involved in. I stress about it sometimes because I love this too much, while never feeling that secure about my place, and how I'm seen, and if I do eventually walk away I don't want it to be on bad terms. I needed to say something about everything anyway and needed a chance to get somethings off my chest.

I feel lucky and blessed that when the moped bug hit me a few years ago, there was an active club with welcoming and fun loving members ready to embrace me and show me the way.

I'm approaching ancient, but never encountered the slightest bit of "ageism" or any other -ism for that matter. I had a wise boss tell me years ago that the secret to staying young was to hang out with younger people, and he was spot on. Our gang has great camaraderie, support and fantastic rides. Sure, I have lots of other hobbies, bigger bikes, and other dear and close friends more my age, but I've found in life you can never have too many interests nor too many friends.

Moped love for me is not just the machines, it's the great people I've met, both members and non, and am privileged to hang out with nearly every week. I am proud to wear our "gang colors" on each and every ride.

Life is short and there's no do-overs. Letting go of unproductive negativity and grabbing as much living and loving as you can while you're here seems to be a good plan.

My motto: Be real, be true to yourself and try not to be a jerk to others.

I never got that in being an official member of a club, but what I did get out of it more than anything was the good and funny memories. I don't try to think about the bad and bad people that I unfortunately came into contact with. I never really got the chance to put the Baltards cat patch on a vest, being a scout but I just kind of wanted to hold off until I was official. Then hearing I would have to be in Baltimore, it was just a lot and I enjoyed hanging out with them for the time that I did even without mopeds. I do remember I wanted to be a Hells Satan since they were the first moped gang I ever saw.

Still today, I'd love to have people to wrench and ride with, doing it alone can be fun, but it's more fun when you're working on and riding mopeds with your friends. I never even thought I'd end up in Baltimore, my ass was sitting on a bus nervous as hell,snow falling, butt cold, then I see some grey Mitsubishi pull up after standing there looking stupid for about 30 mins. Still today I got love for them, just we grew apart and people just started to do their own things, it was a bummer but I wouldn't trade that and those memories with them for anything either. Hells Satans were always cool to me also, I don't think I ever had an issue with them. It's just, fuck,I don't want to end up at a rally this summer and have people giving me the stink eye, because I'm not sure and have kind of been debating if it's been long enough or not.

accidentally reported my post. (edited)

🎨🏆 Duncan /

> Steve Cloutier wrote:

> I feel lucky and blessed that when the moped bug hit me a few years ago,

> there was an active club with welcoming and fun loving members ready to

> embrace me and show me the way.

>

> I'm approaching ancient, but never encountered the slightest bit of

> "ageism" or any other -ism for that matter. I had a wise boss tell me

> years ago that the secret to staying young was to hang out with younger

> people, and he was spot on. Our gang has great camaraderie, support and

> fantastic rides. Sure, I have lots of other hobbies, bigger bikes, and

> other dear and close friends more my age, but I've found in life you can

> never have too many interests nor too many friends.

>

> Moped love for me is not just the machines, it's the great people I've

> met, both members and non, and am privileged to hang out with nearly

> every week. I am proud to wear our "gang colors" on each and every

> ride.

>

> Life is short and there's no do-overs. Letting go of unproductive

> negativity and grabbing as much living and loving as you can while

> you're here seems to be a good plan.

>

> My motto: Be real, be true to yourself and try not to be a jerk to

> others.

I wish more people were like this but not all riders are so wise. Don’t be an asshole, but I’ll also add.. take no shit. I love the real friends I’ve made in and out of gangs too, but the most chill people sure have one thing in common, and that’s not centering your whole fucking life around mopeds ffs

Ugh, I can be piece of shit sometimes, I'm not going to lie. Others though, might fit that description a lot better than me. I guess I just want what I had back, all the fun, the belonging, people were inviting me to things, including me, making sure I was alright, talking to me about my mopeds, parties, learning and seeing new things done with mopeds. There's just people that have been trying to get me out of it, and I'm not going anywhere unless I feel I should get out of this. I'm not going to let someone or people take something away from me that I love, but now that I'm older, I want to do the right thing for myself then worry about this almost 95% percent of the time. The only time I did stop worrying for a while was being told by one of the Swoops that no one hated me, and I hope that's the truth. There's just been a lot of damage man, and some I never deserved. Whatever, I'll probably be all mopey tonight and tomorrow mainlining Saber into my fucking jugular. Seriously though, I needed to talk about this shit and had no idea how to do it without pissing anyone off or make it look like I'm fishing for attention(it is lonely as fuck over here, seriously). I feel like I'm starting to talking in circles but god damn I needed this.

And something a bit more light hearted, I literally got star struck meeting Chad Burke for the first time. Why? I have no idea but I was stoked. (edited)

Dirty30 Dillon /

That's because Chat Burke is a GENUINELY wonderful person

He's always been awesome, I've never got a bad vibe from him once over the years.

Brandon. Going to say this and mean it … you seem like for the last few months you’re on the right path and I for one am proud to see that ….just keep it up and not start back dwelling on things in the past … your future is ahead of you and will never be behind you so just look ahead and keep it going

I feel this thread really lost the plot. Back to talking about female pop music please.

Depressions a motherfucker, but yeah, moped clubs. (edited)

Totally normal JBOT /

Sorry but be an asshole.

It’s funny.

Whats wrong with you people?

“Be nice be good gaga goo goo”

BE WHAT YOU WANT TO BE OK

08760126-E1F5-4F4A-A2CB-E6A9223D5EC8.jpeg

Totally normal JBOT /

Eggs are delicious too but I guess all you soy bois can’t eat em cuz you’re all chicken vegan well more for me

What if I want to be a soy boy? What then?

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account