Re: I'm quitting mopeds in favor of the new Honda Navi

Well my hopes of getting a Navi have been dashed. The Honda dealer is charging us freight to the tune of like 1500. The now CASH price was well over 3k. So we may be passing on it. My wife asked for a breakdown of the cost above the MSRP of something like $1995 which was quoted to her in an email. We will see if they have some more legitimate and understandable fees anday consider it. My fear is that it is the 3500, and then I have to pay title and license fees on top of that. Which will definitely put us over 4k out the door.

Anyone else get charged a freight fee when build their Navi? What was the out the door price after tax\title\license?

Freight should be no more than $300. It was originally $200, but Honda later added a $100 surcharge because of increased gas prices.

Its a shame I think it works really well as a sort of loss leader to get more people riding red, but the dealers are all tryna cash in on the demand and turn it into a lower volume higher value cash cow

Yeah unfortunately that's a huge problem with small motorcycles/ scooters/etc in general... Dealers always try to squeeze too much blood out of the rock. Every clown that has a dealership thinks they deserve to be a millionaire just because they have a Honda sign out front, and because they own a franchise they have a lock on things.

They were pushing to have me make the sale happen immediately so that Honda would release another round of Navi to them. I wonder if he sits on them he will knock the price back down or if they will be so popular he will never keep any in stock?

I know it was waay waay back in the thread but I just went up one tooth on my 82 C70 and I'm liking the way it's riding.

Also, saw one of these Navi's at the daggers rally last weekend. It was cool to see in person. Seemed kinda short? Looked really comfy though.

Pushrod Fifty /

What is your top speed? I got 48 on my 1980. With electronic ignition, any better?

I think low 40's? I'll have to take it for a spin again, I haven't ridden it much these past couple years.

What’s happened with all the people that posted having a Navi on order ??? I thought we had a lot of getting them by now

Pushrod Fifty /

They quit in favor of mopeds.

Still have my red one. Great around town bike. No issues thus far. Downside is that it’s really too slow for roads over 45 mph.

Ϫ‡☄ಬ∞ ƀƖḬƝƊ ƤǂƿƎ ∞ಬ☄‡Ϫ - Hoke from Black Pipes Moped Gang /

i tried reading this thread.

its awful!

old kooks yelling about gas mileage was my cue to peace out

oh i saw a navi at the daggers rally and they fuck! motor mike was boppin on his, he loves it.

i get being in SF and maybe the juice not worth the squeeze for reggie/insurance/etc costs versus a real bike w gears and what not, i think it makes way moire sense in states where you can reg/insure for less than a bill a year.

last year i saw a 4 some of riders in the flats here in cleveland, two tomos LX and two onyx. thats who the NAVI is for, people who wanna have some easy fun on 2 wheels. its not for weirdos like us who want to know what jet is in the carb and what needle setting is and what the timing is and have a temp gauge you stare at half the time T_T

i'm so excited from the daggers rally i'm posting in teh GEN FORUM what thte fuck

If the only Honda dealer around had not doubled the price and then said he needed CASH only I would be riding mine today. Greedy dealerships will kill the Navi. Dude threw up too many red flags for me to feel ok about supporting his business. I would still totally cop on tho.

Pushrod Fifty /

Honda really threw a foul ball on the Navi. They should step up and straighten out these crooked dealers who are driving their brand believers away to other makers.

They should pump these things out in mass quantities without the bs and get people on 2 wheels, most first time buyers would ride the Navi for a year or two and then opt for a CB500 no doubt.

^ This, dealer ignored me forever, got over wanting it! Still have not heard, but in thinking it through, if I have to go to the point of getting my MC endorsement, I want a highway capable machine, trailering a bike to the test station is more work than it is worth to me. I DO think the Navi is a great bike though, and I just saw an electric clone of one on marketplace, that would be the way to go. :) I wish the dealer had been cooler, but I'm good with my money still in the bank. Congrats to all who got one and glad most seem to be enjoying them.

The dealer/manufacturer setup is broken, and it's not just the dealers, the manufacturers keep them tight and make it hard to pull good profits, if you look into it it's a pretty tough system designed to really put the money back to the manufacturers, which makes sense but dealers struggling to find paths to stay profitable isn't just the greed of dealers.

That said, I think the main success of the Navi is attracting new buyers and building a loyal new fanbase out of folks who'd otherwise move for more expensive e-mopeds etc. and they're just not meeting the demand with enough supply to keep it cheap, and make that approach work.

I'd say right now it's about 50% riders with a bike getting an extra (the "and" bike) for scooter/moto dudes/dudettes, and the other 50% is those same dudes getting something "for their wife/hubby" or "for their kids". But these are all honda folks for the most part, it's a subset of their existing market, it's completely failing to capture new riders because the old guard is pricing them out

Beach Club Nick /

> MPB Andyrew wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> I know it was waay waay back in the thread but I just went up one tooth

> on my 82 C70 and I'm liking the way it's riding.

>

> Also, saw one of these Navi's at the daggers rally last weekend. It was

> cool to see in person. Seemed kinda short? Looked really comfy though.

That thing's horn was loud as fuck

Pushrod Fifty /

Let's see what happens when the Dax rolls out.

punkrock randy /

> MPB Andyrew wrote:

> I think low 40's? I'll have to take it for a spin again, I haven't

> ridden it much these past couple years.

Damn, I’ve hit 50 on my CL70 but figured i was getting up a bit high in the rpms. Guessing the CL is a bit lighter tho. I kinda wanna go up a tooth on that front cog and see what that does for it. F new bikes, I’ll keep shit old school as long as I can hold out🤘🏼

Pushrod Fifty /

I just saw a brown Navi on the road.

> Pushrod Fifty wrote:

> I just saw a brown Navi on the road.

There are so many of the Chinese scooter motorcycles on the road here I doubt I’d notice a Navi.

Pushrod Fifty /

Mostly Harleys here and they all look the same to me.

> Thomas TPRF wrote:

> > Pushrod Fifty wrote:

>

> > -------------------------------------------------------

>

> > I just saw a brown Navi on the road.

>

> There are so many of the Chinese scooter motorcycles on the road here I

> doubt I’d notice a Navi.

Interesting, don't see those here, OR Navi's..lol, but I did see an electric bike for sale in Iowa, well 2, that looked identical to the Navi? Anyone seen one of these? Ad said the were licensed as mopeds?

Bruh has the v@Xin3 fried your brain... The NAVI is just an expensive scooter with some garbage plastic made in Mexico, Like literally a step-through toilet frame with plastic. If it wasn't released as a motorcycle it might be worth getting....

If you want a reliable ride, do a Lifan 125cc swap for $300.00, but don't buy a toilet....

(edited)

I saw that pic of the stripped down Navi. I mean we all knew they were just a scooter but it kinda hits harder when you see the pic.

punkrock randy /

> Gary Flowers wrote:

> If you want a reliable ride, do a Lifan 125cc swap for $300.00, but

> don't buy a toilet....

>

Lifan, lol. I’ve been told thats a good way to go on my CL70, no thanks. I’ll keep my Honda engine✌🏼 And if it has troubles, I’ll rebuild it’s internals.

lol gary flowers. im so glad he's around. we'd lost so many grumpy old stubborn know-it-alls there was a real hole. It's suspicious with the number of trolls and the way different versions of the same character disappear and reappear one at a time almost, but whatever, I'm gonna enjoy laughing at gary

> MPB Andyrew wrote:

> I know it was waay waay back in the thread but I just went up one tooth

> on my 82 C70 and I'm liking the way it's riding.

>

> Also, saw one of these Navi's at the daggers rally last weekend. It was

> cool to see in person. Seemed kinda short? Looked really comfy though.

dude saem to both. one-upped my cub, i feel like i could go another, but it's fantastic. topping like low-mid 40s but it's so so so nice to ride, holy hell, love it.

Update it's only topping out at about 40. I think the clutch is dragging though as it wants to pull forward at a stop/in 1st. Should I juts adjust the clutch or could it be a different issue?

The only thing I really don't like about this clutchless shift setup is I really don't know how it's supposed to feel like when i'm riding it. Is it always going to be a bit lurchy when shifting? Especially down shifting is really lurchy. I only downshift when just coming to a stop but even then going to first feels like locking up my brakes. That can't be right.

Pushrod Fifty /

Let off of the shifter slowly, it smooths out downshifting. When I swapped the stock carb for a dratv one, it ran alot better, 48 on the flats and slight inclines.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account