1978 Garelli

Hello guys I am in need of help on my 78 Garelli. What is happening is my Garelli cuts off when brake is applied. And when I paddle to start and ride the moped does not accelerate. The rear brake bulb and stop light has been replaced. How do you know if the rubber on clutch is in need of replacement?

Re: 1978 Garelli

If It only stalls at idle, then it’s either the idle circuit in the carb or a swollen clutch rubber. If you open up the transmission, you’ll probably also find melted bits of rubber bushings.

There's no need to make multiple threads on the same topic.

https://www.mopedarmy.com/forums/read.php?6,4497772

There’s no need to comment with un useful information Brian F. Thanks Moped Lar, will check out!

Update on issue. Rubber from clutch came in from treats today. Wrapped in Vicky Secrets! Lol. New rubber installed and bike runs as it should. It does not die when brakes are applied and operates normally. Anyone having this same issue you may want to check rubber. Thanks for all your help to the ones that commented useful information!

You’re very welcome! Good job replacing it.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account