Getting ready for winter

TOP GUN™ ANDY ⚔ (LSLB) ⚔ /
PXL_20211116_181904261.jpg
PXL_20211116_181917799.jpg
PXL_20211116_181922781.jpg

Working on something fun for this winter! Even if we don't get a ton of snow, I bet this will be fun on the ice. I'm a cheapass and I was going to just get self-tapping screws, but I could be convinced to get kold kutters if they're worth the extra couple bucks.

These bars are too wide, though. I'm gonna run them on my magnum/hobbit that's sorta in the first pic. Currently that bike has MC50 bars and I think they're too narrow.

Who else is getting ready for some winter riding?

Re: Getting ready for winter

Yo I got tons a bars here. I'm about 10 minutes from you.

Got these low rise and I think a few that may be a little higher you are welcome to. Come by and pick them up and have a beer and a bone.

20211111_164923.jpg

Tri-ped Dave O.D.B. /
snoped_002.jpg

with the Pryer differential equipped rear end giving 2 wheel drive, THIS is how I get ready for winter. I currently have the ski mounted on my Blue Pryer

Tri-ped Dave O.D.B. /

I sleeved a Yamaha Ovation ski to fit Tomos forks

> Satan 666 wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> Yo I got tons a bars here. I'm about 10 minutes from you.

I've got some bars coming from treats today, but if I don't like those either, I'll hit you up, I've been meaning to come out. I'm heading to Boston to play mopeds (see you soon Dave!) this weekend but maybe after thanksgiving

I also got that proma chamber. If you think it will be useful for you other bike come grab it.

Got these Honda MT80 bars on there, and I like them much better than the Tommaselli bars. They're about 2 inches more narrow and they're a little taller. Just where I want em.

Hopefully I'm picking up some old crappy snowmobile skis tonight so I can really get into some winter shenanigans

PXL_20211118_195139134.jpg

I have been saving a set of little kitty cat skis for a project like this. I have had good luck with two skis next to each other on my three wheeler (ski wheeler). When you turn one ski compresses with the leaf springs so both are still on the ground.

PXL_20211118_231326815.jpg

these things look kinda junky but the price was right! i'm interested to see how poorly it'll handle with just the one ski up front

I've got ice tires on my KTM 200, you really need a liner or the screws just pull out. The dirtybikes use road tires with the bead cut off, you want something pretty tough. A street moped tire a little smaller, like 2.25 in a 2.75 knobby might work. No idea how they cut the bead off, some kinda shears maybe?

Dirty30 Dillon /

> Graham Motzing wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> No idea how they cut the bead off,

> some kinda shears maybe?

Tire sipe tool would do it in short order, but an oscillating tool would probably be a good option as well

I picked up these from treats and I'm gonna just toss self-tappers into it, they're cheap enough I don't mind losing them.

I'm not like, looking to commute on this thing, just tryina fart around in the snow for fun

Heavy duty zip Ties are your friend for traction. Sheet metal screws through the inside of the tire pointing out with old tubes and silicone on heads from the inside. If you plan on not running any type of traction device on the rear tire with a ski you will most likely just spin the rear tire and not move. My three wheeler with wide rear tires and ski on front would not got three feet in more then 4 inches of wet maine snow. Toss some tire chains on the back and it's a game changer. I now need to pull the skis and chains out to get ready, haha

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account