Re: Just joined Forum. Have QT50

I think I'm going with a whole Niche 60cc kit. I did a few things wrong with the all Yamaha stuff I did in 2012. $230 is an expensive lesson.

With cooling, crank seals, and other problems this top end is wasted. lessons learned.

Watched a video where it was said that those silver mesh air filters let in dirt, anyone agree?

Agreed.^ Hell, K&N filters do too. All you need to do to verify is run one for awhile then remove it and wipe any surface behind the filter with your finger. You can see and feel the grit.

You gotta oil them, same as foam, but yeah they are gonna let in more debris because the media is super thin. Foam does a much better job. There is a reason every single dirtbike being made today uses foam.

If you buy a good name brand dual layer foam, like a uni, it will keep things pretty clean.

Are you planning on upgrading carb and pipe too? I dunno much about the qt but Yamaha usually has a pretty free flowing airbox. The pw seems to be restricted with the exhaust.

Just got my 60cc Niche kit. Ordered Monday, poor Fedex guy delivered it just now on Thanksgiving.

Preliminarily it looks great. Packed great, no problems. Light cross-hatching in cylinder, I don't have a way to measure the bore but piston fits nice and tight in there. Will have to chamfer ports, I did also on the Yamaha stuff. Comes with an NGK plug BPR7HS, I use a six, one step cooler, that's what comes on a YT60. Won't be using the head, YT60 head for me. Looks good.

Now I can start over...Again. Knowing what I know now.

Jeez, can't edit after what 2 min?

ANYWAY... I use a 6, one step warmer plug.

I wouldn't be inclined to use the spark plug in that kit anyway. Counterfeit plugs are a thing.

> live ɘvil wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> I wouldn't be inclined to use the spark plug in that kit anyway.

> Counterfeit plugs are a thing.

I thought about that.

> Peter v. wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> Comes with an NGK plug BPR7HS, I use a six,

> one step cooler, that's what comes on a YT60.

Just so you know, on NGK plugs a higher number means a cooler plug. https://www.ngk.com/how-do-i-find-a-colder-or-hotter-plug-3

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account