Praise the lowered

Lowered my Simson the other day. Just thought I'd share it with you as I'm dead chuffed with the result.

27AED6EB-9A1F-4CE8-B48E-14B9E3F1D62E.jpg
IMG_9089.jpeg
IMG_9090.jpeg

Re: Praise the lowered

I had to look up the word “chuffed”. Looks nice!

That's really cool. Does someone sell the shocks to do this or did you come up with it on your own?

I have a Puch twingle carcass that I want to build into something like this someday, but big, I like the shrouded look with the big wheels.

Roy De Koe /

They’re just regular shocks like the ones you’d buy for a Maxi. Got 240mm at the front and 280 at the back (because I’m a heavy boy).

I had to file the top and bottom that hold the shock’s bushes to be a bit thinner to fit. Other than that, simple job

Probably Fred /

I do have to admit that’s pretty bad ass and I like Olive color too

punkrock randy /

Very good looking sir🤘🏼🍻

Nice work...I like this a lot.

A Simson is on the wishlist for me, your one is at the top of that list!

Ziet er tof uit! Een Schwalbe staat ook nog altijd op mijn verlanglijstje.

Pushrod Fifty /

That's pretty cool.

♣Slew Foot♣ /

Wow....

Hallelujah...

Annnd so shall it be..

Scottee doesn't know. /

way cool... love the euro simson style/community/culture.

Kevin Bishop /

Nice ride!

Very nice!

By the way, here in Hamburg you can see these old Simpsons on the streets almost every 100 meter:)

Roy De Koe /

Thanks for the positive response my dudes!

Schwalbes are indeed pretty commonplace in (Eastern) Germany, but generally a rare sight anywhere else. I’ve had this one for about 5 years now, but igition issues have plagued it for the majority of that time. Could never it to go much over 60 miles on a new set of immitation ignition parts and original spec parts are simply not available.

Finally to give it the works by upgrading to a 12 volt Vape ignition system last summer. Pretty much every single related to the electrics on it is brand new right now. Bulbs to wiring harness, the lot. Those upgrades really transformed it from a hateful turd to a lovely, reliable daily ped. ;)

Badass bike

6EA2E6AD-E4F9-460B-A4D8-87D92B9E2831.jpeg

Dirty30 Dillon /

I will always yearn for a Schwalbe, but probably never own one.

Have also heard that the electrics are the Achilles are the weak point of the simson line.

Roy De Koe /

The ignition in particular is the only problem really. As I’ve been told on seperate occasions there’s basically two options; you’ve either still got the original DDR ignition that still works, or you’ve got the VAPE KIT (which is very good, but also not cheap).

Anything other than that and you’re in a world of shit. All available aftermarket parts for the stock ignition are of appalling quality. I can attest, I’ve got a ton of pictures and videos of where it broke down on me.

Roy De Koe /

I was reading back on what I’d just said and thought that is was maybe worth pointing out that aftermarket parts for the Simson are abundant. Honestly, while immitation parts for the stock ignition are terrible, almost all other parts are readily available and of pretty decent quality as well. One could almost literally build a whole new Simson with aftermarket parts more easily than a Maxi.

♣Slew Foot♣ /

Bart Lisa Maggie Marge or homer?

Does hpi or powerdynamo make one? Both of them make a lot of weird stuff if you did into the catalog.

Roy De Koe /

Not that I’m aware of. I imagine they might be converted to suit the Simson, as I do recall one day researching if a PVL would fit and it showed some promise. Got no further than that though.

All the powerdynamo stuff I ordered from treats is branded vape

Roy De Koe /

I checked it out. Seems to me that it's indeed the same manufacturer. Maybe Powerdynamo is branded for export?

I wish that you would speak coherently in well phrased sentences instead of these inane ramblings.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account