Flywheel doesn’t come off

I took of the nut for the flywheel from this 1980 tomos a3 bullet and the fly wheel doesn’t budge at all, I have the fly wheel puller for it yet it still doesn’t come off

image.jpg

Re: Flywheel doesn’t come off

Once you've removed the nut make sure there isn't a washer in there. Turn the puller bolt out and then thread the puller body into the flywheel by hand, once it's snug tighten it down with a wrench. Now with the wrench on the puller body, tighten the puller bolt down. You want it tight, but don't go overboard. Sometimes they'll pop right off, sometimes you have to give the puller a few taps (taps, don't go wailing on it) with a hammer. A non marring brass hammer would be ideal, but any small hammer will work as long as you keep it square.

Try penetrating oil too. If your doing a rebuild and not worried about the seals or electronics you could also use heat.

Pussy Licker420 /

Hit that bitch with a hammer

Impact gun. Pops 'em off every time.

> baird co wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> Impact gun. Pops 'em off every time.

My favorite tool overall for moped engine disassembly and/or maintenance is a cordless 1/2" drive impact. Had my 18v Ryobi almost 15 years, awesome!

Stop b4 u fu. Read a bit about crankshaft threads, mushroomed ends, stripped threads, etc.

Put the nut back on flush w end, grease up small washer to spread load to flat end of crank on end of puller. Pop off w above techniques. Once loose you will have to unscrew puller to remove nut then magneto.

Johnny Braaapp /

Stop! Hammer time.

Just tighten the puller good and snug hit the end of the puller with a hammer .

Repeat . Repeat again . Watch your toes .

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account