Crusty Cimatti City Bike

Just picked up this rusty, crusty, spider-filled City Bike.

Hubs are shot, engine's toast, pipe's rotted, needs tires, seat, cables, chain, etc.

Tank's not too bad, though, the frame and everything is solid, and I have spare parts to rebuild everything. Plus it has the under seat tool box with tools, and the tire pump under the footboard.

Not sure if I'm going to paint it. I probably won't keep it, and it'll be worth more restored than crusty, so it'll probably get repainted.

Or, I strip it and make it a test bike for my V1 mods.

Right now it's gonna sit in the backyard so I can crossbreed the black widows with our brown widows. (edited)

IMG_20211012_133316.jpg
IMG_20211012_133306.jpg
IMG_20211012_150910~2.jpg

Re: Crusty Cimatti City Bike

Damn we got bikes fulla spiders up here but those spiders aren't fuckin around. Saw a few down in Phoenix testing motorcycles down there, no thanks, I'll put up with the winters we get up here that kill em off.

Fuck I'm glad I am in Maine where we got no poison nothing. Just got to wory about rabid fox and deer running out in front of my bike at 60.

> Graham Motzing wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> Damn we got bikes fulla spiders up here but those spiders aren't fuckin

> around. Saw a few down in Phoenix testing motorcycles down there, no

> thanks, I'll put up with the winters we get up here that kill em off.

Wisconsin is home to the northern black widow (Latrodectus variolus), though they're probably pretty rare in Eau Claire (Door County has loads of 'em).

I've owned like 4 city bikes. I have never seen one that wasn't rusty and crusty. I'm not sure what Cimatti did to these poor things

> Brian F wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> > Graham Motzing wrote:

>

> > -------------------------------------------------------

>

> > Damn we got bikes fulla spiders up here but those spiders aren't

> fuckin

>

> > around. Saw a few down in Phoenix testing motorcycles down there, no

>

> > thanks, I'll put up with the winters we get up here that kill em off.

>

> Wisconsin is home to the northern black widow (Latrodectus variolus),

> though they're probably pretty rare in Eau Claire (Door County has loads

> of 'em).

This one is a male western black widow.

There were 4 of those and 2 females.

That I saw (and squished,) anyway. May be some more.

I've been bit by at least 5 black widows. They won't kill you (unless you're allergic,) but they'll leave you twitching and cramping for a few days.

Love the crusty patina. My nephew in Albuquerque has a large pilgrimage of black widow spiders come thru his yard every fall. His house has built in pipes in the wall sills for exterminators to hook up to for termites if memory serves. We're just too effen cold for poisonous critters but we do have the largest collection of garter snakes in the world. Every spring there are tens of thousands of garter snakes breeding in Narcisse Manitoba,

Sleeved and Stretched the frame 5".

I've always hated the scrunched look of the City Bike. Looks like a kid's moped.

So I made it a Cimatti Town and Country Bike.

And top tubed it. But I'm gonna leave the rack tank.

IMG_20211014_171023.jpg
IMG_20211014_171027.jpg

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account