Best Water/Winter proof covers?

Hey all - ideally hoping I'll be able to store my bike in a garage for the winter but want to prepare nonetheless. A lot of the covers I'm seeing are one-size fits all with commenters often complaining it's too big for their moped.

Any suggestions? Ideally I'd like something with one of those holes to run a lock through. Appreciate it!! I have a Pacer Super Sport to be specific.

Thanks!

Re: Best Water/Winter proof covers?

I used a cheap plastic drop cloth for years. It got the job done.

You're probably right but I'm in Brooklyn so I want something with a bit more protection with the ability to lock it up.

A good tarp. Also put some other things with it so it doesn't look like a moped shape for thieves to eyeball.

I bought a lawnmower cover from classic accessories last year and it's the nicest cover for anything I've ever bought. Personally I wouldn't try locking it up since they will probably cut it open to see what's inside instead of just peeking. Also been seeing the cops stealing mopeds and scooters for being locked up in NYC so might want to hustle on the garage thing

I used a kryptonite chain lock secured to a sturdy pole under the drop cloth, and a ratchet strap to keep the plastic from flapping around in the wind. (edited)

Just don't cover your bike and leave it by the curb. You can't make this shit up...

https://blog.motorcycle.com/2012/10/09/motorcycle-news/motorcycle-mistakenly-picked-up-by-trash-collectors-and-crushed/

Probably Fred /

I used to use a large barbecue grill cover when visiting my son’s young family when they lived in a apartment in the city.

Tweaker trash /

I think they sell motorcycles covers

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account