Re: 1978 Puch Maxi Luxe Questions???

Herman Kantz /
This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

Thanks to all for their input.

I figured out what the deal was with the residue under the current 2HP sticker.

Apparently the original owner "upgraded" for more power by replacing the original sticker (whatever it was) with a 2HP sticker and didn't bother to remove the original sticker residue.

Along with the non-original Lemmi stickers the 2HP sticker and all of their residue has been removed and the areas rubbed out and polished so that the previous stickers' presence is barely noticeable in bright sunlight.

What the Maxi was originally I don't know.

I do know that the bike has:

A 349.1.16.000.2 Silencer cover

A 16 tooth counter sprocket

A 12mm Bing (1/12/304) - I looked at the main jet when I was cleaning the carb but didn't bother recording its size. Needle clip was and is third position from bottom.

A 349.1.15.070.0 air cleaner assembly

The jug has a round port (I had measured it when I had the carb off to clean it but lost the figure).

What it was originally and what was done to it I don't know.

I do know that it starts with about a 1/4 revolution jab of the pedal and after a brief warm up idles nicely.

On level ground it will easily peg the speedo at 30 MPH and my Garmin NUVI says it's going 30-31 MPH. (Ready to ride I weigh about 165 pounds).

It's a pretty nice old "survivor" moped that other than some obvious performance enhancements hasn't been hacked up.

Cheers to all

H K

This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account