Suches True Grit

Chris Carleton /

Seems like fun.Any reviews on this.Is it strictly 50cc or less?

Re: Suches True Grit

> Chris Carleton wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> Seems like fun.Any reviews on this.Is it strictly 50cc or less?

Not really. You can ride whatever but it's more fun on a small bike.

Chris Carleton /

Lots of mopeds there or not,?

> Chris Carleton wrote:

> Lots of mopeds there or not,?

Last year there were a few. A lot of shiftys, a few za50's and Enduro's. What kinda moped you wanna take?

It's mainly a ysr event, but other shifties and derbis. I may have to go with Stephen this time

You might be mistaken for the dorks of “YSR daize”.

True grits is THE fun run. Champs clock. Ben Cheatwood. THE NSR50 twin that always runs like shit. Team Calamari. Eating the shit food from the Lodge. Bake sales. Giving your money to the Suches fire department and TWO. AMA. MB5’s. RS50’s. All the cool shit you think you like, the old folks have and don’t give a damn what you think. You thought you could ride till you hit turn 1 at (34.7010110, -84.0317021) and realize you have 666 more of these turns. See ya never or see ya back at the lodge for that shitty wooden plaque.

No one cares what you ride. Show up, absorb the vibe. Come back the next year in full spirit. Don’t forget to givem yer money.

PS if you are into dual sports, dirt bikes, road bikes, gravel bikes or mountain bikes I will happily lead you on a suffering adventure Friday or Sunday.

I've mostly ridden 50 shifties but done it on mopeds, a bunch of us have. it rules. it's some of the best riding anywhere in perfect time of the year (well - except leaves on the turns) but it's an incredibly awesome ride. Suffering with Raniel is also HIGHLY reccommended as is camping at TWO and getting stupid with swoops the night before and maybe even the night after (tho be aware, you may be pretty wiped)

Suches were some of the best days of my life.

c'est la vie - Such es life

> Born to be WillD wrote:

> Suches were some of the best days of my life.

and, to be fair also one of the worst, i got blasted by a car riding to breakfast before we were supposed to ride up from Atlanta one year...

It's so much fun! I'll be there this year.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account