Re: Magnum Ltd 062 fs on ebay

daan SJAARLOOS /

Personally I kinda enjoy reading the banter, trolling and such surrounding the buy/sell forum. Believe me there are plenty more (euro) forums where exactly the same thing happens.

The usual consensus is that a bike is overpriced and people tend to point out all the flaws, non original parts and such.

I don't see much wrong with that. I'm heavily I into shifty puchs and where I live there's a lot of people who don't now shit about them, find one in a shed, look at prices online and think they are going to get big bucks for it.

Some poor guy new to the hobby might fall for it and pay way to much. I don't see anything wrong with a few guys on a forum criticizing that. Its not like a few forum posts would stop the bike from being sold. Plenty of dumb suckers out there.

I guess it boils down to the fact that a lot of moped enthusiasts got into the hobby because they enjoy cheap crappy transportation and take themselves and their bikes not that seriously. I know I'm one. If prices become really inflated and the hobby becomes really serious naturally people are going to protest that.

> Avery M. wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> $4950 wow. I would have been a bidder if it stayed in the 3200 range. I

> talked with the owner, he is a nice guy he bought it new and overall the

> bike was in near mint condition although it has some oxidation starting

> on the black chrome parts as stated in the description. Mileage is

> original. I am kind of blown away at that price really. I just can't

> justify spending that kind of money and I love these bikes.

Being the original owner makes it unlikely of him using a second account to jack the bids up. He is not a collector or flipper. Also, the cheapskate mentality is evident in the many frequent and small bids. Ya, someone paid $5000 for it but not before bidding it up $100 at a time. If I was willing to pay $5000 for that I would of done so in one feel swoop with one bid. Go big or go home.

> Brian F wrote:

> > P D wrote:

>

> > -------------------------------------------------------

>

> >

>

> > This the only site I've ever been on that has public conversation

> about

>

> > what should be private dealings . Every other site advises , or has

>

> > rules , for the use of email or private messaging and once either sold

>

> > or bought the ad noted as such .

>

> >

>

> > Community is a fine concept , but , only goes so far . Not everything

> is

>

> > everyone else's business .

>

> Nobody is forcing you to sell bikes here. It's not like Simon gets a

> cut of the sales.

>

> Don't like people commenting on buy/sell? Sell somewhere else.

Jump to conclusions . It's the thing to do these days . :(

> live ɘvil wrote:

> > Avery M. wrote:

>

> > -------------------------------------------------------

>

> > $4950 wow. I would have been a bidder if it stayed in the 3200 range.

> I

>

> > talked with the owner, he is a nice guy he bought it new and overall

> the

>

> > bike was in near mint condition although it has some oxidation

> starting

>

> > on the black chrome parts as stated in the description. Mileage is

>

> > original. I am kind of blown away at that price really. I just can't

>

> > justify spending that kind of money and I love these bikes.

>

> Being the original owner makes it unlikely of him using a second account

> to jack the bids up. He is not a collector or flipper. Also, the

> cheapskate mentality is evident in the many frequent and small bids. Ya,

> someone paid $5000 for it but not before bidding it up $100 at a time.

> If I was willing to pay $5000 for that I would of done so in one feel

> swoop with one bid. Go big or go home.

That's just how the software that runs ebay works; the users themselves aren't putting in tiny bids every minute, the site itself does that up to your max bid.

This eBay crap is exactly what prompted my posts. Let's get bike sales back onto ma. That's my sole intent. And while it is weirdly entertaining to read all the trolls I again state that ma has become weaker for buying stuff and selling it. In 2013 or so I had no problem finding all sorts of quality items for my builds. Now a days not. That's my belief via experience. Again what I'm saying is either true or false or both. But before we make conclusion I'm hoping Simon takes appropriate measures. I would even support some method of getting some of the purchase price into Simon's hands. I'm sure some.kind.of.paypal solution could be devised. There's no reason why this can't help fund a decent website. I imagine it's not free to post and host this. Reality is nobody wants to pay for anything they just want it handed to them with no apparent cost. I don't see why that's the case. All those guys that are on Facebook marketplace or whatever they're doing via links the guys who are linking it together are making money. This is America it's not a welfare state you have to pay for stuff. I would imagine all you guys in Ohio know that you do have to pay taxes even if it's a little bit unless you're completely gray market and then you think you're entitled to have everything untaxed. Maybe that's your definition of being an American I know a lot of people who think it is.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account