Re: Magnum Ltd 062 fs on ebay

Those who go and seek out barn finds successfully are awesome. Those who take whatever came their way and make them amazing creatures of mechanical ingenuity that are solid and now home to numerous custom parts. With the parts they do something that other people are interested in having as part of their bike or that's why they're interested in the bike. It's totally reasonable to expect to be compensated for the mods. if they did the work well, and they want to pass it down the line as long as they put in a list of what they put on the bike and the cost of the stuff and be able to tell you

whether it's new stuff that was put on whether it was Worn and picked up on trade or exactly what the story is so that people actually know what's been done and that the value added is clear and you should be able to advertise these bikes on buy and sell and be clear that they don't need to be stricken down as as silly not worth a pittance because in fact then they're asking that the person that built it donate to them. which is not right. Some guy just couldn't get it across his mind that something that I've used briefly( a cheetah Chrome pull start which is not even available at the moment with all the parts to it is not worth what I paid for it . I need to subsidize his build it's my responsibility to provide him with the parts to finish his build at the price that he wants to pay for it well great, it stays on my shelf.

I really would hope that there was some kind of separate section on the buy sell for bikes to be listed by asking price. w

with a place to put every single thing to justify your price multiple pictures and p.m. me if interested and no comments. Unless you leave it open for comments. That probably would do the most for strengthening Moped Army at this point. It's a really bad idea that buy and sell migrates to other forums it weakens the reason to be on Moped Army and it just invites bad behavior. I expect and suspect that people who are creating little versions of Moped Army on Facebook etc are aware that they're trying to grow their audience and shifts people to their narrative that's all that people do anymore they try to figure out how to make a following and after they make a following how to monetize it that's all that people are doing like why don't you just get a job this is a hobby.

Not true, I have (too)many hobbies and way too many associated things, but I don’t really sell anything. No cash buckets here either, but yet my hobbies and I survive another day.

> The Real Mike D wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> Not true, I have (too)many hobbies and way too many associated things,

> but I don’t really sell anything. No cash buckets here either, but yet

> my hobbies and I survive another day.

You have sold used and new parts here or any wear?

Then you’ve essentially flipped. Congrats! Welcome to reality

No worse than the lack of punctuation in a mile long post .

Talk about abuse ...

I won't even try reading that crap .

> mike p wrote:

> You have sold used and new parts here or any wear?

>

> Then you’ve essentially flipped. Congrats! Welcome to reality

No, but I have bought a few things here.

I do need to box up a sha I have collecting dust and send it to someone on here, but the sale price is only the cost of shipping.

Does that count, am I a flipper now?

Pat it's simple. Moped Army would benefit from a section in the buy sell separate from what's currently in use. That separate section is something like : modified mopeds for sale. Asking price , a detailed list of all mods including receipts . A comments section enabled only by the seller. All inquiries via pm . So a clear breakdown of anticipated value based on condition unmodded plus dates and cost of mods. This gets all the Facebook market place. eBay, craigslist stuff that eroding moped army. Very few people of late are posting. People won't post good bikes because of the conditions here.

Thanks Mark . :)

That was easy to read .

Does anything that I'm saying make any sense. We need a functioning buy and sell. We don't have one now.

If I ever used the buy/sell section , I might agree with you . ;)

> Marc Friedman wrote:

> Does anything that I'm saying make any sense. We need a functioning buy

> and sell. We don't have one now.

Hi Marc. Improving the Buy/Sell forum is something I’d like to focus on soon. Of course it’s hard to make everyone happy, but I’d be interested in hearing more of your perspective on it and incorporating that feedback along with other people’s thoughts. If you could drop me an email with your thoughts that would be great, and I can use that as a reminder to loop you in to early feedback as I develop new design ideas.

> Simon King wrote:

> > Marc Friedman wrote:

>

> > -------------------------------------------------------

>

> > Does anything that I'm saying make any sense. We need a functioning

> buy

>

> > and sell. We don't have one now.

>

> Hi Marc. Improving the Buy/Sell forum is something I’d like to focus on

> soon. Of course it’s hard to make everyone happy, but I’d be interested

> in hearing more of your perspective on it and incorporating that

> feedback along with other people’s thoughts. If you could drop me an

> email with your thoughts that would be great, and I can use that as a

> reminder to loop you in to early feedback as I develop new design ideas.

A few subsections in sales would be neat. I’d like to avoid the VWvortex.com maze of forums though.

And man, I’ve never made money in my hobbies, especially mopeds. I can’t imagine that the time and energy put into (well built) custom mopeds would bring a profit.

This scales up to motorcycles - any custom shop is relying on repair orders, bike delivery, and storage to make money.

Mopeds are worth what the paying market says they are worth.

Sold for $4,950. wtf

Screenshot_20211014-211647.png

What a fucking farce.

Look at the bid history. Troll buyer / fake bids?

Screenshot_20211015_104344_com.android.chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20211015_104350_com.android.chrome.jpg

I don't know how ebay works, but outbidding yourself every few seconds looks a bit fishy?

The outbidding look a like happens, when you have your auto bid set up, I.e max bid 4500, someone else keeps bidding until my 4500 is reached, it will show like I’m bidding against myself

🎨🏆 Duncan /

I mean it’s just getting downright comical now watching the crusties come on posts like this and bitch about moped prices.

I did contact Simon.

Why: to get the buy sell fixed and healthier. Instead of being a forum to list well made mods it's a place where an organized booing crowd will evicerate any ad that doesn't have an asking price equivalent to an Ohio barn find.

I would think an additional buy sell area listing bike brand, condition , parts and dates added, estimate of time bike with mods has been ridden , perhaps proof of parts purchase . All sorts of details that anywhere else would be expected are included. This would form a library of builds that at that moment are offered for sale and will be searchable.

Price listed with a pm button.

No comments.

Moderators can police. Number of years and moped army posts of the seller could be included.

Purpose: moped army is being evicerate by individual Facebook groups controlled by individuals who may or may not be monetizing their own Facebook groups. I think the trolls are damaging ma.

🎨🏆 Duncan /

> Marc Friedman wrote:

>

> Purpose: moped army is being evicerate by individual Facebook groups

> controlled by individuals who may or may not be monetizing their own

> Facebook groups. I think the trolls are damaging ma.

So you acknowledge that Facebook and or Instagram organized “gangs” hold a capital driven motive in suppressing the perceived value of these two wheelers. Finally someone is paying attention. The “gangs” with an unhealthy acquisition problem are in fact the problem with moped pricing today. I’ve payed well over two grand to buy back one of my builds from a reputable shop who kept it in a prized collection, and I think those prices are warranted when things are good. Devaluing someone’s work so you can get a deal and add to your hoard, not chill.

$4950 wow. I would have been a bidder if it stayed in the 3200 range. I talked with the owner, he is a nice guy he bought it new and overall the bike was in near mint condition although it has some oxidation starting on the black chrome parts as stated in the description. Mileage is original. I am kind of blown away at that price really. I just can't justify spending that kind of money and I love these bikes.

I understand the auto bid but wouldn’t we see the other bidder in the bid history? From my understanding is this happens either because a fake buyer wants to troll the seller OR a seller wants to inflate the price and re-list.

Also, wanted to say I don’t 100% agree that moped army buy sell needs to be more than it already is.

Mike McScoutington /

Regarding the B/S updates:

I would like to see an option for the OP to mark the item sold and close/lock the thread. The number of 10-15 year old threads being pulled back to the top to ask "is this still available?" has gotten a little out of hand lately.

This buy sell useless because nobody uses it except to troll. The bid history is a eBay deal...it certainly has no place here. Because there are hardly any post to sell decent rides peeps need to find things in eBay to repost here to have a weekly bitchfest.notice there is no place on eBay to post the comments so the pollution is moved here. There should be 50 or so bike for sale.

> Mike Scouty McScoutington wrote:

> I would like to see an option for the OP to mark the item sold and

> close/lock the thread.

Thanks for the input Mike. The OP can and should reply to the thread to simply say "SOLD". I agree that a more formal way to do that, in conjunction with locking the thread, might be useful.

If people want to charge exorbitant prices without any pushback from the community, they should use FB marketplace.

MA is a community, not a capitalist free-for-all.

> Marc Friedman wrote:

> This buy sell useless because nobody uses it except to troll.

I appreciate your input Marc, although I think you're been a little dramatic about the complete lack of utility. A lot of bikes and parts are sold through the Buy/Sell forum. I think there's plenty of reason to believe it's providing some people value, even if it's not set up exactly how you'd personally prefer.

My suggestion is to require OP’s to include their location (city and state) in the subject line of all B/S ads. That’s how it’s done on the Modern Vespa forums and it works quite well. The moderators delete any ads that do not include a location in the subject line.

> Moped Lar wrote:

> My suggestion is to require OP’s to include their location (city and

> state) in the subject line of all B/S ads. That’s how it’s done on the

> Modern Vespa forums and it works quite well. The moderators delete any

> ads that do not include a location in the subject line.

Thanks for the suggestion, I'll add this to the brainstorming list. I've thought about having a separate location field, and maybe even letting people sign up for alerts when something new is available in their location. Too often right now it requires a click through to the OP's profile to see where they are located because they don't say in the post.

I agree with Simon. Over the past 20+ years, the B/S forum has been the only medium I have ever used to buy and sell moped parts and bikes. I’ve never used eBay or fb for this purpose. The B/S forum still has a lot of utility in its present form. But just like anything, a few tweaks here and there to make it even more useful would be nice.

> Simon King wrote:

> > Marc Friedman wrote:

>

> > -------------------------------------------------------

>

> > This buy sell useless because nobody uses it except to troll.

>

> I appreciate your input Marc, although I think you're been a little

> dramatic about the complete lack of utility. A lot of bikes and parts

> are sold through the Buy/Sell forum. I think there's plenty of reason to

> believe it's providing some people value, even if it's not set up

> exactly how you'd personally prefer.

> Moped Lar wrote:

> My suggestion is to require OP’s to include their location (city and

> state) in the subject line of all B/S ads. That’s how it’s done on the

> Modern Vespa forums and it works quite well. The moderators delete any

> ads that do not include a location in the subject line.

This is a great idea. I also love the idea about letting OPs lock B/S threads (and/or locking them after some period of inactivity).

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account