Anyone seen this Cimatti before?

Saw this modified city bike at the long beach cycle swap today. Almost bought it, but someone beat me to it.

Just wondering if anyone on here built it.

Looks like it was done pretty well (when it was first built.)

IMG_20210926_103051.jpg

Re: Anyone seen this Cimatti before?

wild shit! they took the rear rack tank and made it a top tank... and it works! like i woulda laughed at that idea, this looks good tho! thats crazy. brilliant work, whomever it was

i dunno those wheels either, theyre not the regular 3 ray swooshies

that was a shanks one, it was real good, the shape/angle of the downtube & citybike frame in general works surprisingly good for toptank. but they used a garelli tank looks like.

I don't know for sure but it looks like something that Ben jammin wcm might have done. He built a bunch of wild flake painted cimattis back in the early days of MA. There was a gold metal flake chopper one that was probably one of the first YouTube videos I ever saw. I think it was called 'ludicrous behavior' or something like that, they had names that sounded like made up criminal charges. He posted a lot back in the day and was doing next level shit, somewhere in California, I think it was LA area

🇮🇹💦 Of the Loin /

Nah Been Jammin was in San Jose

This looks too clean for his style but possible

The guy who bought it offered it to me for 550 (the seller later told me he sold it to him for 400.)

It's almost worth it. It runs, kickstart V1, and those are 17" grimeca wheels. Missing the front disc brake.

I'm tempted, but I don't need it. I've got too many bikes.

sweet mods...sounds cheap enough. todays standards, and you are in cali. not sure why you havent pulled that trigger....

> ID OD wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> sweet mods...sounds cheap enough. todays standards, and you are in cali.

> not sure why you havent pulled that trigger....

I have 11 bikes in my half of the garage, three other projects in there too, three projects under tarps outside, and at this point, that bike would be a novelty that I'd end up flipping after getting bored of it.

And I have a modded Cimatti Gran Prix XL top tank already.

So I'm kinda on the fence about buying it.

But I like them wheels and the seat, and it is kickstart, so...

todd amundson /

Them rims are off a SSR Laser.

> todd amundson wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> Them rims are off a SSR Laser.

Damn, I thought they were Grimeca. Fuck that bike, then. I don't want it anymore.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account