baron moped

i would like to know if anyone knows about the baron moped if thay are good mopeds or just junk. i am just shoping around and making sure about it thanks

Re: baron moped

Search this forum for info.

Don't get one....

If you must buy a new moped....get a tomos.

are thay junk

what are, tomos? you're tarded if you're saying tomos is junk.

no i am saying is the baron moped junk

Meh.....they are alright.

"These are very well made and decent looking peds that are now available for order at $1299. These are mopeds, not some scam selling scooters as peds. Spoke wheels and knobbies. Electric start, also pedal starting of course. Uses regular gas. CDI ignition. 12volt with battery. Super quiet."

<object width="425" height="373"><param name="movie" value="

&rel=0&color1=0xe1600f&color2=0xfebd01&border=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="

&rel=0&color1=0xe1600f&color2=0xfebd01&border=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="373"></embed></object>

that is all i want to know. what cuntry are thay from

lol....cuntry.

yes conutry

country?

also, why can't you look things up for your self? why are you having people here do it for you?

China, that part doesn't matter so much if you get it from a local dealer. I think Silverfox had one, he didn't keep it if I remember correctly. As far as China goes, their is no reason they can't build a great quality product, they just don't. They copy good designs though and if you can get it from a local dealer with a warranty you might be ok. Chinese manufacturers like to leave quality control to the consumer. I've been tempted as well but am going to wait and see where the company goes, I remember Jialings being discussed alot here and then they up and vanished. The Chinese Lifan engines seem to be ok but I wouldn't buy anything that wasn't ever well established over the internet.

because you all are smart when it comes to this stuff you all know were to look i dont. that why i am here

Why a Baron?

i just like the way it looks. it dont mater now i am thanking of a tomos moped the number 1 selling moped

No not a Tomos...j/k

Tomos are nice, people don't care for all the fairings and covers on them and tend to return them to their 70s style by removing them and putting a round headlight on. I like the look of the Baron as well except for that wide floor and the seat would look better if it were longer. I am a sucker for chrome and spoke-wheels though.

I think you can still get Kinetic TFRs I think they are a true moped right to the core, people have mixed feelings about them but I believe you can use vespa parts on them.

I was just kidding him cause all the 15 year old kids from New Jersey have them.

I bought a '94 Bullet TT this fall, I'm not sure what to make of it yet. I hate the decals on it though! I'll have to replace the hot pint orange and blue stripes with black. It also pulls hard to the right.

just get a freaking Tomos and get it over with.

They are not that bad. Reliable at best.

The current Baron moped is not good.

I had one and sold it before I put 50 miles on it.

The engine is a copy of the old Honda PC50 and is a SINGLE SPEED. It has NO acceleration to the point of being dangerous to get across an intersection.

The compression ratio (and consequently the HP) is very low in the engine because it uses a crankshaft mounted starter rather that a separate starter motor and gearing. A crankshaft mounted starter has very little torque available so the compression has to be low. It also would not climb a hill without bogging down. Electrics are cheaply made.

Jerry at J&J tried to sell me on a "slipper clutch" as a two speed unit. I rode one with the slipper clutch and it did not run any better.

I understand that they are coming out with a unit with a copy of the later Honda OHC engine with a true two speed gearbox.

This one might be worth looking at but the current ones are NOT recommended by me.

They are made in China and there is no dealer network and no parts support.

That's funny, it looks like they've got a photo of a Jialing Model M in the Ebay listing. That would be a much better option, wonder if they have any? No pedals, but fast and easy to get parts for.

thanks to all that has help me with the info on the baron moped i will look at a different moped i was thanking of a tomos arow thay look good

the one they are supposably going to sell in 2008 looks just like the jialing model m but it 2 speed automatic and has pedals

you say the compression is too low it sounds to me that the valves were way out of adjustment that be a simple fix

i wish i could find one of them engines cheap cause from the looks of it the parts will probably bolt right onto my indian

the indian engine has a cheap cast aluminum camshaft and it wears out real fast if that engine has a steel cam it be worth it just for the cam thats if it would fit the indian

i love mine!

« Go to Topic — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account