Re: What's your best and worst moped wrenching tool?

Brad William /

Worst tool? Not sure how this qualifies but Ive been sorely ready to reach for these a few times when dealing with these peds ....

R.jpeg

Ohhh titanium adjustable, very nice. Love the tank wrench Joe K, I really need a door stop like that in my life

> Les B. wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> Tom, where did you find that? It looks very handy!

Hey Les, it took a bit of digging as I didn't know what it was called but here's the fella.

https://www.tengtools.com/r/gb/en/Sockets-and-Accessories/1/4inch-Drive-45-Teeth-Mini-Palm-Ratchet-1400M

Quick search and I found them for £25 instead of list price so do some digging for deals.

20210921_143420.jpg

This is fast becoming my moped tool kit, and will probably be all I carry on rides.

Highly recommend a little ¼ set like this, like others here I've found it surprising useful even though I bought it because it was cute.

Like WillD, these ¼ spinner handles are the nuts and adding the palm ratchet takes it to the next level👍.

So this kinda just turned into what’s your favorite weird or obscure tool thread.

This has gatta be one of my favorite

2A55358D-7281-42A1-8DEA-DA3D85B8CEFF.jpeg

It’s just a little plastic cap that helps you slide the seal on, it’s easy to catch the inner seal lip on the cut outs for the cotter pins. This negates that. Defiantly the worst tool since it sees very little use but I still love it. I recently picked up a whole factory v1 tool kit and it has 3 of these, one for the pedal shaft, one for the sprocket shaft and one for the crank. Close second is the tool to hit in the sprocket seal pictured below the cap. (edited)

Fuck! That sprocket seal tool, I was just thinking about that Tuesday night, had to rebuild a v1 and dealing with that damn sprocket shaft bearing and seal takes me about as long as the whole rest of the rebuild

🇮🇹💦 Of the Loin /

Goddamn I need me one of those seal tools

Seeing as we're showing the weird and wonderful, and now that I feel like I've got to know you lot a bit, I feel comfortable enough to whip out my Ding Dong for your delectation.

20210923_202652.jpg
20210923_202708.jpg

And the only other person who gets to play with my little King Dick these days is my lovely wife😏

20210923_202739.jpg

(edited)

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account