Re: Project Chavocado NC50 chop

Dick Chavez /
This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

Today I decided to take a little stance mock up. I decided some sort of fork extension would be nice and lowering the back near the fuel tank. Probaly make a strut to hold it at the proper height. I'm trying to avoid moving the engine back because I don't want to deal with the cables but if I don't like the stance I'll probably end up making some sort of plate to move the engine back and effectively extend the rear wheel back.

20210905_125208.jpg

Upon taking the forks apart I discovered I could easily get 2.125" from the stock forks but cutting the old spacer out and cutting new ones and moving them to the top of the fork along with the spring so extend the forks fully.

20210905_143208.jpg

There are downsides to this and it has to do with strength so don't your own risk. I imagine there will be some binding as well but only time will tell. Originally I had planned to weld in longer tubing but this was free and easy.

I also had my choice if aluminum or steel for the top spacer but I found that 3/4 pvc was the perfect diameter so due to ease this is what I did. I also added a 3/8 washer to each side to add a bit of strength to the ends as well as allow the bottoming bump stop to work still.

20210905_151849.jpg

That's all for today.

This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account