MopedGP: DIRT! | Nebraska City, NE | Sunday October 17th, 2021

Tyler Dead Possums /

MopedGP: DIRT! is a team based 3 hour moped endurance race on a dirt circuit track. Max # of riders per team is 3, but a team can be larger with support/pit crew members. 1-person teams are welcome as well! Teams may only have 1 moped. The objective is to keep that single moped going and do as many laps as possible in the allocated 3 hrs. Riders can switch at any time. Teams are allowed spare parts, however, complete and prepared spare mopeds are not allowed.

Cost is $20 per rider and $10 per support member. Spectators are free!

Prepare to break stuff as off road racing will push your moped to the limits! Bringing a pop up canopy is a good idea if you want your pit area to be shaded. Oh yea, and bring plenty of gas! :)

For the health and safety of ourselves and others, individuals must be vaccinated and wear a mask when within 6ft of others. Please respect everyone's distance!

---------------------------------------------------------

Technical limitations:

- 80cc limit for top end

- Engine case must be from a moped/noped. (no scooter/dirtbike bottom ends)

- No frame requirements.

Itinerary Summary (tentative)

- Sunday October 17th, 2021

- Open track 9am - 12 noon

- Race begins at 1pm

- Race ends at 4pm

- Hang out and enjoy the track till the sun sets!

Backyard camping is available on site both Saturday and Sunday night. However, there are no facilities outside of a porta potty. No fires and must be quiet in the evening. Please be respectful of our hosts!

Re: MopedGP: DIRT! | Nebraska City, NE | Sunday October 17th, 2021

Bonus points for racing with slicks

Tyler Dead Possums /

forgot to add this!

Safety Requirements:

-full face helmet

-gloves

-real shoes (boots preferred, no sandals)

-no skin showing

-eye protection

T3?

Travis King /

> T y l e r Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> T3?

You down for T3+? Jose is planning on coming out too!

t4 i'm legally changing my name to the most mexican name i can find that starts with t

tito

tuco

travis (?)

tose

gotta sleep on it

Tyler Dead Possums /

Here is a little taste of the track we will be on! Exact configuration may vary, but this will give you an idea...

> Jose Castanon Wrote:

> t4 i'm legally changing my name to the most mexican name i can find that

> starts with t

>

> tito

>

> tuco

>

> travis (?)

>

> tose

>

> gotta sleep on it

Taco ??? ;)

Ah fuck here we go. Time to beef up the maggy x

🇮🇹💦 Of the Loin /

I am intrigued

Nebraska far tho

Tyler Dead Possums /

> 🇮🇹💦 Of the Loin Wrote:

> I am intrigued

your v1 bike was born for this!

Travis King /

> > Jose Castanon Wrote:

> > t4 i'm legally changing my name to the most mexican name i can find

> that starts with t

> > tose...

Tosé gets my vote all day long.

Travis King /

> Daniel '' Wrote:

> Nebraska far tho

Just know we can put you up for days before and/or after.

We'd love to have you out.

This is also a test run, which is why we had such short notice. I am confident it will go down again next year, the format/location might different is all.

Oh man this is fun! Maybe you guys are way better at dirtpeds then I am (yes) but this seems incredibly ambitious. I love it. Maybe if I build this crazy revival thing I have in my head...

Travis King /

> Graham Motzing Wrote:

> Maybe you guys are way better at dirtpeds then I am

> (yes) but this seems incredibly ambitious.

We fully anticipate all sorts of destruction on some bikes. That's why the rules are a) very forgiving regarding frame and b) allowing for as large of a pitcrew as you would like. We hope to see some curious solutions.

That said, bring parts for sure, but a better plan might just be to bring a welder...I will have one there and so long as I am not using it, others can.

Other suggestions:

Think gearing. The way we intend to set up the course, the climb isn't too bad and I am relatively confident a stock powered bike could do it, and all the more so with a regear. Plus 25mph on dirt feels fast.

Don't bring your favorite bike, bring the piece of crap that refuses to die. Then once it does, resurrect it over and over again. (edited)

Hopefully some of the participants have protective body gear .

It's not a question of IF , but , WHEN ...

I wouldn't try much now , but , in my younger days I had a blast in the dirt .

Do it while you can . ;)

Travis King /

Thanks to MopedGP Midwest (specifically Shane, Tom, Jesse, James, Aric, and two others I am completely brainfarting), we have much more information on our timing/lap counting system for this race!

Also, as a point of reference, this course is setup more like a rallycross course, not a motorcross course. So, don't worry about having to do doubles and all that jazz. Almost any bike stands a chance.

Next, this race is about putting you and your bike to the endurance test. At the same time, we want any and all to come out, so with that in mind, we added a little rule:

If your main moped fails, you can switch to a backup moped to continue the fun, however, your laps will be reset to 0. So, bring multiple bikes if you want. The goal is most laps on a single bike in the 3 hours.

Travis King /

Two week notice.

Looking forward to seeing some familiar faces as well making some new friends.

Travis King /

The weekend is drawing near. Hopefully you have been working on some cardio...

Below is a map of the track layout and general details for arriving at the event:

Please enter via the drive marked by the yellow line, just to the west of Masters Drive. Pull up to the pit/camping area. Don't block large out building to that area's South. From there we will organize any parking as needed.

You are more than welcome to arrive Saturday and camp that night. Please be courteous to our hosts property. Any disrespect to their concerns or wishes will not be tolerated.

There will be a port-a-potty on site.

Be sure to bring any other items you may want/need. Nebraska City is near by with food/gas options, but it would be a good idea to bring snacks/food/beverages to keep your energy up while you ride.

We did ride the track on a stock single speed peugeot with questionable/non-existent suspension and confirmed that with gearing a stock bike could do it. With no suspension, it definitely would be a workout, but doable. So, feel free to try on anything you got.

We will be out on location most of Saturday setting up and marking track.

Look forward to seeing you out there this Sunday.

243025939_361723592140755_4108544325769979802_n.png

I've ridden mopeds a fair bit around my farm and I swear the best one off road is the shitboxd targa lx with bald Savas that I don't care about 0%

Seriously get your worst moped running okish and show up. I can't make it but sounds like a blast.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account